Mar 18, 2013, 9:02 AM EDT
What will the Buffalo Sabres be like without Ryan Miller? It might not be long before we find out.
In the midst of a disappointing season that has already led to the dismissal of long-time coach Lindy Ruff, a report has surfaced that Miller’s ‘days are numbered’ in Buffalo.
But would they be wise to trade the 32-year-old goaltender? That was the topic of the latest NHL Faceoff:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
If Miller left, the starting job might fall to 24-year-old goaltender Jhonas Enroth. He’s been a bit of a mixed bag as Miller’s understudy, posting a 2.80 GAA and .911 save percentage through 46 career games.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)