Mar 18, 2013, 9:02 AM EDT
What will the Buffalo Sabres be like without Ryan Miller? It might not be long before we find out.
In the midst of a disappointing season that has already led to the dismissal of long-time coach Lindy Ruff, a report has surfaced that Miller’s ‘days are numbered’ in Buffalo.
But would they be wise to trade the 32-year-old goaltender? That was the topic of the latest NHL Faceoff:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
If Miller left, the starting job might fall to 24-year-old goaltender Jhonas Enroth. He’s been a bit of a mixed bag as Miller’s understudy, posting a 2.80 GAA and .911 save percentage through 46 career games.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 9
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 20
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 91
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 35
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (93)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)