Mar 18, 2013, 9:02 AM EDT
What will the Buffalo Sabres be like without Ryan Miller? It might not be long before we find out.
In the midst of a disappointing season that has already led to the dismissal of long-time coach Lindy Ruff, a report has surfaced that Miller’s ‘days are numbered’ in Buffalo.
But would they be wise to trade the 32-year-old goaltender? That was the topic of the latest NHL Faceoff:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
If Miller left, the starting job might fall to 24-year-old goaltender Jhonas Enroth. He’s been a bit of a mixed bag as Miller’s understudy, posting a 2.80 GAA and .911 save percentage through 46 career games.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)