Mar 18, 2013, 9:02 AM EDT
What will the Buffalo Sabres be like without Ryan Miller? It might not be long before we find out.
In the midst of a disappointing season that has already led to the dismissal of long-time coach Lindy Ruff, a report has surfaced that Miller’s ‘days are numbered’ in Buffalo.
But would they be wise to trade the 32-year-old goaltender? That was the topic of the latest NHL Faceoff:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
If Miller left, the starting job might fall to 24-year-old goaltender Jhonas Enroth. He’s been a bit of a mixed bag as Miller’s understudy, posting a 2.80 GAA and .911 save percentage through 46 career games.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 9
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 72
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)