Mar 18, 2013, 9:22 PM EDT
The Minnesota Wild will need to defend the top spot in the Northwest Division against the Vancouver Canucks on Monday night without defenseman Tom Gilbert.
The 30-year-old blueliner is day-to-day with an undisclosed injury, according to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune’s Michael Russo.
His loss is a concern for the Wild, although it seems like Ryan Suter‘s arrival (among other factors) diminished his role on the team. He logged just over 27 minutes per game after the Edmonton Oilers traded him to Minnesota last season, but now he’s clocking less that 21 minutes on average.
(Gilbert’s career average is more of a compromise, as he tends to play about 23 per night.)
- Report: Hamilton to sign six-year deal with Flames 0
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 25
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 12
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 3
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 31
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 104
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 88
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (104)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)