Mar 18, 2013, 9:22 PM EDT
The Minnesota Wild will need to defend the top spot in the Northwest Division against the Vancouver Canucks on Monday night without defenseman Tom Gilbert.
The 30-year-old blueliner is day-to-day with an undisclosed injury, according to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune’s Michael Russo.
His loss is a concern for the Wild, although it seems like Ryan Suter‘s arrival (among other factors) diminished his role on the team. He logged just over 27 minutes per game after the Edmonton Oilers traded him to Minnesota last season, but now he’s clocking less that 21 minutes on average.
(Gilbert’s career average is more of a compromise, as he tends to play about 23 per night.)
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)