Mar 18, 2013, 9:22 PM EDT
The Minnesota Wild will need to defend the top spot in the Northwest Division against the Vancouver Canucks on Monday night without defenseman Tom Gilbert.
The 30-year-old blueliner is day-to-day with an undisclosed injury, according to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune’s Michael Russo.
His loss is a concern for the Wild, although it seems like Ryan Suter‘s arrival (among other factors) diminished his role on the team. He logged just over 27 minutes per game after the Edmonton Oilers traded him to Minnesota last season, but now he’s clocking less that 21 minutes on average.
(Gilbert’s career average is more of a compromise, as he tends to play about 23 per night.)
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 0
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 2
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 24
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 25
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming