Mar 18, 2013, 9:22 PM EST
The Minnesota Wild will need to defend the top spot in the Northwest Division against the Vancouver Canucks on Monday night without defenseman Tom Gilbert.
The 30-year-old blueliner is day-to-day with an undisclosed injury, according to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune’s Michael Russo.
His loss is a concern for the Wild, although it seems like Ryan Suter‘s arrival (among other factors) diminished his role on the team. He logged just over 27 minutes per game after the Edmonton Oilers traded him to Minnesota last season, but now he’s clocking less that 21 minutes on average.
(Gilbert’s career average is more of a compromise, as he tends to play about 23 per night.)
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 0
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 28
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 96
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 11
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (96)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)