Mar 18, 2013, 5:15 PM EDT
Quick was pulled in his last start last Thursday after surrendering three goals on 12 shots in an eventual 4-3 loss at San Jose.
Backup Jonathan Bernier got the nod in Saturday’s rematch with the Sharks and turned away 20 of 22 shots in a 5-2 victory.
Bernier (6-2-0, .916 SV%) also has superior numbers to Quick (9-8-2, .891 SV%) this season.
Only one of them, however, won the Conn Smythe Trophy last June and has a 10-year, $58 million contract starting next season.
After 20 starts in 2013, Quick has yet to register his first shutout. The 27-year-old had 10 shutouts in 69 starts last season, then three more in 20 playoff games.
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 10
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 18
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 98
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 11
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 29
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)