Mar 18, 2013, 5:15 PM EST
Quick was pulled in his last start last Thursday after surrendering three goals on 12 shots in an eventual 4-3 loss at San Jose.
Backup Jonathan Bernier got the nod in Saturday’s rematch with the Sharks and turned away 20 of 22 shots in a 5-2 victory.
Bernier (6-2-0, .916 SV%) also has superior numbers to Quick (9-8-2, .891 SV%) this season.
Only one of them, however, won the Conn Smythe Trophy last June and has a 10-year, $58 million contract starting next season.
After 20 starts in 2013, Quick has yet to register his first shutout. The 27-year-old had 10 shutouts in 69 starts last season, then three more in 20 playoff games.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (149)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)