Mar 18, 2013, 5:15 PM EDT
Quick was pulled in his last start last Thursday after surrendering three goals on 12 shots in an eventual 4-3 loss at San Jose.
Backup Jonathan Bernier got the nod in Saturday’s rematch with the Sharks and turned away 20 of 22 shots in a 5-2 victory.
Bernier (6-2-0, .916 SV%) also has superior numbers to Quick (9-8-2, .891 SV%) this season.
Only one of them, however, won the Conn Smythe Trophy last June and has a 10-year, $58 million contract starting next season.
After 20 starts in 2013, Quick has yet to register his first shutout. The 27-year-old had 10 shutouts in 69 starts last season, then three more in 20 playoff games.
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 0
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 7
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 18
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 27
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)