Mar 18, 2013, 5:15 PM EDT
Quick was pulled in his last start last Thursday after surrendering three goals on 12 shots in an eventual 4-3 loss at San Jose.
Backup Jonathan Bernier got the nod in Saturday’s rematch with the Sharks and turned away 20 of 22 shots in a 5-2 victory.
Bernier (6-2-0, .916 SV%) also has superior numbers to Quick (9-8-2, .891 SV%) this season.
Only one of them, however, won the Conn Smythe Trophy last June and has a 10-year, $58 million contract starting next season.
After 20 starts in 2013, Quick has yet to register his first shutout. The 27-year-old had 10 shutouts in 69 starts last season, then three more in 20 playoff games.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 17
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 10
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 40
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)