Mar 18, 2013, 5:15 PM EDT
Quick was pulled in his last start last Thursday after surrendering three goals on 12 shots in an eventual 4-3 loss at San Jose.
Backup Jonathan Bernier got the nod in Saturday’s rematch with the Sharks and turned away 20 of 22 shots in a 5-2 victory.
Bernier (6-2-0, .916 SV%) also has superior numbers to Quick (9-8-2, .891 SV%) this season.
Only one of them, however, won the Conn Smythe Trophy last June and has a 10-year, $58 million contract starting next season.
After 20 starts in 2013, Quick has yet to register his first shutout. The 27-year-old had 10 shutouts in 69 starts last season, then three more in 20 playoff games.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 17
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)