Mar 18, 2013, 9:54 AM EST
The Dallas Stars have lost four games in a row, including a humiliating 8-1 loss to the Chicago Blackhawks on Saturday.
With the team’s playoff chances slipping away, Stars owner Tom Gaglardi was asked following that loss if he planned to make any management or coaching changes.
“No,” Gaglardi said, according to the Dallas Morning News.
When pressed, Gaglardi further downplayed the possibility of shaking up the team.
“I don’t think we gain anything by making dramatic changes right now,” Gaglardi said. “I think it’s important to measure what we’ve got, and I think we need a good period of time to do that.
“I don’t think there’s anything to gain from doing anything like that or discussing anything like that, and nothing has been discussed like that. Frankly, that’s not on my mind from where I sit.”
Stars coach Glen Gulutzan is only in his second season with the club while GM Joe Nieuwendyk has been around since 2009 and the team hasn’t made the playoffs during his tenure.
The Stars have been rebuilding and do still have some young players in key positions like 23-year-old Jamie Benn and 21-year-old Cody Eakin. However, at this point they also have a number of core players either entering their prime or well into them, but listening to Gaglardi, they certainly don’t seem to be in win-now mode yet.
“I want us to just play better. I’m not going to be looking at the standings. I want us to just play good hockey,” Gaglardi said. “If we make the playoffs, we make the playoffs, and if we don’t, we don’t. We’ll deal with either scenario.
“Right now, it’s more about how we’re playing. I heard the term `wake-up call’ after the game last night, and maybe that’s part of it, but I think we just need to play a better game.”
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54