Mar 18, 2013, 9:54 AM EDT
The Dallas Stars have lost four games in a row, including a humiliating 8-1 loss to the Chicago Blackhawks on Saturday.
With the team’s playoff chances slipping away, Stars owner Tom Gaglardi was asked following that loss if he planned to make any management or coaching changes.
“No,” Gaglardi said, according to the Dallas Morning News.
When pressed, Gaglardi further downplayed the possibility of shaking up the team.
“I don’t think we gain anything by making dramatic changes right now,” Gaglardi said. “I think it’s important to measure what we’ve got, and I think we need a good period of time to do that.
“I don’t think there’s anything to gain from doing anything like that or discussing anything like that, and nothing has been discussed like that. Frankly, that’s not on my mind from where I sit.”
Stars coach Glen Gulutzan is only in his second season with the club while GM Joe Nieuwendyk has been around since 2009 and the team hasn’t made the playoffs during his tenure.
The Stars have been rebuilding and do still have some young players in key positions like 23-year-old Jamie Benn and 21-year-old Cody Eakin. However, at this point they also have a number of core players either entering their prime or well into them, but listening to Gaglardi, they certainly don’t seem to be in win-now mode yet.
“I want us to just play better. I’m not going to be looking at the standings. I want us to just play good hockey,” Gaglardi said. “If we make the playoffs, we make the playoffs, and if we don’t, we don’t. We’ll deal with either scenario.
“Right now, it’s more about how we’re playing. I heard the term `wake-up call’ after the game last night, and maybe that’s part of it, but I think we just need to play a better game.”
- Giroux leaves ice after 15 minutes with lower-body injury 5
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 4
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 25
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 14
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 7
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)