Mar 18, 2013, 9:54 AM EDT
The Dallas Stars have lost four games in a row, including a humiliating 8-1 loss to the Chicago Blackhawks on Saturday.
With the team’s playoff chances slipping away, Stars owner Tom Gaglardi was asked following that loss if he planned to make any management or coaching changes.
“No,” Gaglardi said, according to the Dallas Morning News.
When pressed, Gaglardi further downplayed the possibility of shaking up the team.
“I don’t think we gain anything by making dramatic changes right now,” Gaglardi said. “I think it’s important to measure what we’ve got, and I think we need a good period of time to do that.
“I don’t think there’s anything to gain from doing anything like that or discussing anything like that, and nothing has been discussed like that. Frankly, that’s not on my mind from where I sit.”
Stars coach Glen Gulutzan is only in his second season with the club while GM Joe Nieuwendyk has been around since 2009 and the team hasn’t made the playoffs during his tenure.
The Stars have been rebuilding and do still have some young players in key positions like 23-year-old Jamie Benn and 21-year-old Cody Eakin. However, at this point they also have a number of core players either entering their prime or well into them, but listening to Gaglardi, they certainly don’t seem to be in win-now mode yet.
“I want us to just play better. I’m not going to be looking at the standings. I want us to just play good hockey,” Gaglardi said. “If we make the playoffs, we make the playoffs, and if we don’t, we don’t. We’ll deal with either scenario.
“Right now, it’s more about how we’re playing. I heard the term `wake-up call’ after the game last night, and maybe that’s part of it, but I think we just need to play a better game.”
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 17
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 14
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)