Mar 18, 2013, 11:17 AM EDT
Last week, it was Flyers coach Peter Laviolette getting a vote of confidence from his general manager, Paul Holmgren.
This week, it’s Holmgren himself getting the thumbs up.
Granted, there’s no name attached to the thumbs — but we assume the Inquirer’s “source close to the situation” is qualified to comment.
“Look at his body of work. He’s done a very good job,” the source said of Holmgren. “He’s not going anywhere.”
On the other hand, goaltending and defense remain question marks.
Speaking of the defense, Kimmo Timonen will play his 1,000th game tonight in Tampa Bay, the same day he turns 38 years old.
After tonight’s game, Philadelphia doesn’t play again until Sunday in Pittsburgh.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)