Mar 18, 2013, 11:17 AM EDT
Last week, it was Flyers coach Peter Laviolette getting a vote of confidence from his general manager, Paul Holmgren.
This week, it’s Holmgren himself getting the thumbs up.
Granted, there’s no name attached to the thumbs — but we assume the Inquirer’s “source close to the situation” is qualified to comment.
“Look at his body of work. He’s done a very good job,” the source said of Holmgren. “He’s not going anywhere.”
On the other hand, goaltending and defense remain question marks.
Speaking of the defense, Kimmo Timonen will play his 1,000th game tonight in Tampa Bay, the same day he turns 38 years old.
After tonight’s game, Philadelphia doesn’t play again until Sunday in Pittsburgh.
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry 0
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 7
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 37
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)