Mar 18, 2013, 11:17 AM EDT
Last week, it was Flyers coach Peter Laviolette getting a vote of confidence from his general manager, Paul Holmgren.
This week, it’s Holmgren himself getting the thumbs up.
Granted, there’s no name attached to the thumbs — but we assume the Inquirer’s “source close to the situation” is qualified to comment.
“Look at his body of work. He’s done a very good job,” the source said of Holmgren. “He’s not going anywhere.”
On the other hand, goaltending and defense remain question marks.
Speaking of the defense, Kimmo Timonen will play his 1,000th game tonight in Tampa Bay, the same day he turns 38 years old.
After tonight’s game, Philadelphia doesn’t play again until Sunday in Pittsburgh.
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 1
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 11
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 9
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 40
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 48
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 84
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 37
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 57
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)