Mar 18, 2013, 11:17 AM EST
Last week, it was Flyers coach Peter Laviolette getting a vote of confidence from his general manager, Paul Holmgren.
This week, it’s Holmgren himself getting the thumbs up.
Granted, there’s no name attached to the thumbs — but we assume the Inquirer’s “source close to the situation” is qualified to comment.
“Look at his body of work. He’s done a very good job,” the source said of Holmgren. “He’s not going anywhere.”
On the other hand, goaltending and defense remain question marks.
Speaking of the defense, Kimmo Timonen will play his 1,000th game tonight in Tampa Bay, the same day he turns 38 years old.
After tonight’s game, Philadelphia doesn’t play again until Sunday in Pittsburgh.
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 25
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 7
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 21
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)