Mar 18, 2013, 11:17 AM EDT
Last week, it was Flyers coach Peter Laviolette getting a vote of confidence from his general manager, Paul Holmgren.
This week, it’s Holmgren himself getting the thumbs up.
Granted, there’s no name attached to the thumbs — but we assume the Inquirer’s “source close to the situation” is qualified to comment.
“Look at his body of work. He’s done a very good job,” the source said of Holmgren. “He’s not going anywhere.”
On the other hand, goaltending and defense remain question marks.
Speaking of the defense, Kimmo Timonen will play his 1,000th game tonight in Tampa Bay, the same day he turns 38 years old.
After tonight’s game, Philadelphia doesn’t play again until Sunday in Pittsburgh.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 9
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 15
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 31
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 44
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 28
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 45
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)