Mar 18, 2013, 4:25 PM EDT
A Red Wings blue line that’s been hit hard by injuries this season has been hit again. According to general manager Ken Holland, defenseman Kyle Quincey has multiple fractures of his cheek bone and will be out four to six weeks (per MLive.com’s Ansar Khan).
The 27-year-old’s injury allowed veteran defenseman Ian White to draw back into the lineup for Saturday’s 5-2 win over the Canucks.
Depth on defense. Pretty important in the NHL.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 38
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)