Mar 18, 2013, 4:25 PM EDT
A Red Wings blue line that’s been hit hard by injuries this season has been hit again. According to general manager Ken Holland, defenseman Kyle Quincey has multiple fractures of his cheek bone and will be out four to six weeks (per MLive.com’s Ansar Khan).
The 27-year-old’s injury allowed veteran defenseman Ian White to draw back into the lineup for Saturday’s 5-2 win over the Canucks.
Depth on defense. Pretty important in the NHL.
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- The King is back: Lundqvist starts for Rangers Saturday 5
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 58
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)