Mar 18, 2013, 4:25 PM EDT
A Red Wings blue line that’s been hit hard by injuries this season has been hit again. According to general manager Ken Holland, defenseman Kyle Quincey has multiple fractures of his cheek bone and will be out four to six weeks (per MLive.com’s Ansar Khan).
The 27-year-old’s injury allowed veteran defenseman Ian White to draw back into the lineup for Saturday’s 5-2 win over the Canucks.
Depth on defense. Pretty important in the NHL.
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 0
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 0
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 7
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 59
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 60
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 165
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 25
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (165)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)