Mar 18, 2013, 5:40 PM EDT
Sergei Kostitsyn will take a seat in the press box and think about what he did.
According to TSN’s Bob McKenzie, the Nashville forward will be a healthy scratch Tuesday in Columbus — a clear punishment for pulling up on the back-check and heading to the Predators’ bench Sunday in Edmonton, with the Oilers going on to score shorthanded on a 2-on-1.
Kostitsyn, 25, admitted after the game that he made a mistake, but apparently that wasn’t enough for Nashville coach Barry Trotz, who was left understandably flummoxed.
“I can’t give you a logical explanation for an illogical event,” said Trotz.
The Preds (11-12-6), currently 11th place in the Western Conference, have lost three straight and are in danger of missing the playoffs for the first time since 2008-09.
NSH knows its recent slide is broader/more complex than one bad change but feels there needs to be accountability on such an obvious gaffe.
— Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) March 18, 2013
Mar 13, 2014, 1:47 AM EDT
Memorable moment for him.
Mar 13, 2014, 1:32 AM EDT
Two teams separated by 34 points in the standings.
Mar 13, 2014, 12:50 AM EDT
Mar 13, 2014, 12:27 AM EDT
There’s a new No. 2 seed in the Central Division.
Mar 12, 2014, 11:52 PM EDT
No call on the play.
Mar 12, 2014, 11:28 PM EDT
The climb gets a little steeper.
Mar 12, 2014, 10:51 PM EDT
Mar 12, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Mar 12, 2014, 10:12 PM EDT
Closing in on career-high in points in first season with Edmonton.
Mar 12, 2014, 9:33 PM EDT
In his 36th game of the season.
Mar 12, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
This is a beauty.
Mar 12, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
Hockey’s most historic Original Six rivalry.
Mar 12, 2014, 8:14 PM EDT
Spirited start in Winnipeg.
Mar 12, 2014, 7:27 PM EDT
Out with a high ankle sprain since Dec. 21.
Mar 12, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
Mar 12, 2014, 6:06 PM EDT
Had nice weather in Boca, though.
Mar 12, 2014, 5:23 PM EDT
“We have numbers, but we’re not ready to give them out.”
Mar 12, 2014, 4:05 PM EDT
Still unknown whether he’ll be able to play hockey again.
Mar 12, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
During the first intermission of the Canadiens-Bruins game.
Mar 12, 2014, 3:13 PM EDT
Yet another boarding suspension in the NHL.
- Video: Ryan Kesler injured on knee-on-knee collision, on his way back to Vancouver 3
- Discuss: Bruins run over Habs in newest chapter of historic rivalry 15
- Peverley to undergo heart procedure, will miss rest of season 13
- Comeau gets two games for boarding Smith 9
- Three things the Canucks haven’t done well under Torts 22
- Gillis won’t say if Tortorella’s lost Canucks room 31
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 6
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 30
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 18
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (72)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (61)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)