Mar 18, 2013, 5:40 PM EDT
Sergei Kostitsyn will take a seat in the press box and think about what he did.
According to TSN’s Bob McKenzie, the Nashville forward will be a healthy scratch Tuesday in Columbus — a clear punishment for pulling up on the back-check and heading to the Predators’ bench Sunday in Edmonton, with the Oilers going on to score shorthanded on a 2-on-1.
Kostitsyn, 25, admitted after the game that he made a mistake, but apparently that wasn’t enough for Nashville coach Barry Trotz, who was left understandably flummoxed.
“I can’t give you a logical explanation for an illogical event,” said Trotz.
The Preds (11-12-6), currently 11th place in the Western Conference, have lost three straight and are in danger of missing the playoffs for the first time since 2008-09.
NSH knows its recent slide is broader/more complex than one bad change but feels there needs to be accountability on such an obvious gaffe.
— Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) March 18, 2013
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 11
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)