Mar 18, 2013, 5:40 PM EDT
Sergei Kostitsyn will take a seat in the press box and think about what he did.
According to TSN’s Bob McKenzie, the Nashville forward will be a healthy scratch Tuesday in Columbus — a clear punishment for pulling up on the back-check and heading to the Predators’ bench Sunday in Edmonton, with the Oilers going on to score shorthanded on a 2-on-1.
Kostitsyn, 25, admitted after the game that he made a mistake, but apparently that wasn’t enough for Nashville coach Barry Trotz, who was left understandably flummoxed.
“I can’t give you a logical explanation for an illogical event,” said Trotz.
The Preds (11-12-6), currently 11th place in the Western Conference, have lost three straight and are in danger of missing the playoffs for the first time since 2008-09.
NSH knows its recent slide is broader/more complex than one bad change but feels there needs to be accountability on such an obvious gaffe.
— Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) March 18, 2013
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 6
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 19
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 10
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 8
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 17
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 36
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 24
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 25
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)