Mar 18, 2013, 10:13 PM EDT
Marian Hossa‘s up-and-down season continued on Monday, as it appears that he might have suffered yet another injury setback.
The 34-year-old left for the locker room after Colorado Avalanche defenseman Ryan O’Byrne hit him along the boards in the first period. Those who worried about concussion problems when his last “upper-body injury” cropped up will likely be unsettled by the scene, described by the Chicago Tribune’s Chris Kuc.
#Blackhawks‘ Marian Hossa shook his head as if to clear it after being checked into boards late in first period.
— Chris Kuc (@ChrisKuc) March 19, 2013
O’Byrne, 28, isn’t likely to be a popular guy in the mind of the Chicago Blackhawks. Kuc points out that he delivered the check that separated Patrick Sharp‘s shoulder, too.
Hossa hasn’t returned to the ice yet during the game. While any ailment isn’t great news, there’s some talk that he might have hurt his left arm or hand instead of suffering a head injury.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)