Mar 18, 2013, 10:13 PM EDT
Marian Hossa‘s up-and-down season continued on Monday, as it appears that he might have suffered yet another injury setback.
The 34-year-old left for the locker room after Colorado Avalanche defenseman Ryan O’Byrne hit him along the boards in the first period. Those who worried about concussion problems when his last “upper-body injury” cropped up will likely be unsettled by the scene, described by the Chicago Tribune’s Chris Kuc.
#Blackhawks‘ Marian Hossa shook his head as if to clear it after being checked into boards late in first period.
— Chris Kuc (@ChrisKuc) March 19, 2013
O’Byrne, 28, isn’t likely to be a popular guy in the mind of the Chicago Blackhawks. Kuc points out that he delivered the check that separated Patrick Sharp‘s shoulder, too.
Hossa hasn’t returned to the ice yet during the game. While any ailment isn’t great news, there’s some talk that he might have hurt his left arm or hand instead of suffering a head injury.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 70
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)