Mar 18, 2013, 10:13 PM EST
Marian Hossa‘s up-and-down season continued on Monday, as it appears that he might have suffered yet another injury setback.
The 34-year-old left for the locker room after Colorado Avalanche defenseman Ryan O’Byrne hit him along the boards in the first period. Those who worried about concussion problems when his last “upper-body injury” cropped up will likely be unsettled by the scene, described by the Chicago Tribune’s Chris Kuc.
#Blackhawks‘ Marian Hossa shook his head as if to clear it after being checked into boards late in first period.
— Chris Kuc (@ChrisKuc) March 19, 2013
O’Byrne, 28, isn’t likely to be a popular guy in the mind of the Chicago Blackhawks. Kuc points out that he delivered the check that separated Patrick Sharp‘s shoulder, too.
Hossa hasn’t returned to the ice yet during the game. While any ailment isn’t great news, there’s some talk that he might have hurt his left arm or hand instead of suffering a head injury.
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 12
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 29
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 30
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 6
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)