Mar 18, 2013, 9:56 PM EDT
Whether the Tampa Bay Lightning beat the Philadelphia Flyers or not, Monday’s game could be costly for the bumbling Bolts.
Crucial defenseman Victor Hedman appeared to hurt his wrist after being hit by Flyers tough guy Zac Rinaldo in the second period. Tampa Tribune reporter Erik Erlendsson points out that he hasn’t been back on the ice since.
There’s no word from the Lightning about the severity of his issue, including whether it’s actually a wrist injury.
Losing Hedman, 22, for a substantial amount of time would be a harsh blow for the Lightning. The second overall pick of the 2009 draft is really coming into his own, averaging just under 23 minutes per night while scoring 13 points in 28 games.
It’s possible that Rinaldo, 22, also injured Ryan Malone. NBC’s Brian Engblom believes he might have delivered a high hit on the rugged 33-year-old, who’s been struggling with injuries for much of this season.
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 0
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 11
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 15
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 9
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 29
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)