Mar 18, 2013, 6:22 PM EDT
Eric and Jordan Staal had the opportunity to visit ailing brother Marc Staal on Sunday. They provided some updates about the New York Rangers defenseman’s condition to the Bergen Record, including this hopeful bit from Jordan about Marc possibly playing again this season.
“I believe so, he still needs time to heal but he’s looking forward to getting back as soon as he can,” Jordan said.
Unfortunately, the optimism wasn’t quite as abundant regarding Marc’s vision coming back 100 percent.
“It’s heading in the right direction and we’re not sure completely how it’s going to turn out,” Jordan said.
It sounds like Marc will wear a visor whenever he returns to the NHL, although it doesn’t appear to be a slam dunk (despite their mother’s objections).
“We asked him, I think he’s going to wear one,” Jordan said. “It really isn’t a laughing matter but I think he’s going to throw one on. My mom threw a few comments out but the Staals can be stubborn sometimes.”
Apparently so, because Eric seemed pretty ambivalent about wearing one himself.
“I don’t know, he hasn’t really said much about it to be honest. It’s one of those things that it’s tough to make an excuse for,” Eric said about Marc before shifting to his own situation. “But right now I’m comfortable without it and obviously I’m going to have address it at some point and possibly go with it but for right now I’m staying with the way I have it.”
In related news, TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports that Marc will be on hand in New York to watch his Rangers face his brothers and the Carolina Hurricanes on Monday.
May 25, 2015, 2:10 PM EDT
Made his NHL debut last season, appearing in 16 games.
May 25, 2015, 2:05 PM EDT
He’s eligible to sign an extension this summer.
May 25, 2015, 12:54 PM EDT
“Everyone involved with the ZSC Lions is so excited about seeing him play in Zurich.”
May 25, 2015, 12:44 PM EDT
This won’t quell the Kevin Bieksa trade speculation.
May 25, 2015, 12:31 PM EDT
“A bigger guy, playing a power forward role.”
May 25, 2015, 11:44 AM EDT
Featuring a whole lot of Dan Bylsma.
May 25, 2015, 11:26 AM EDT
Have the Bolts learned their lesson?
May 25, 2015, 10:05 AM EDT
He played just eight shifts in Sunday’s win.
May 25, 2015, 9:15 AM EDT
Wagner or Fleischman could draw in tonight.
May 25, 2015, 8:15 AM EDT
Monday’s collection of links.
May 25, 2015, 12:00 AM EDT
Two sides to the coin in a shutout.
May 24, 2015, 10:33 PM EDT
Bolts take a 3-2 series to Tampa Bay.
May 24, 2015, 9:36 PM EDT
The Lightning are 7-0 when scoring the first goal in the playoffs.
May 24, 2015, 9:17 PM EDT
Degree of difficulty: high.
May 24, 2015, 9:15 PM EDT
Blocking shots can be a grind, too, after all.
May 24, 2015, 8:07 PM EDT
May 24, 2015, 7:37 PM EDT
No clarification on what would qualify as “dramatic.”
May 24, 2015, 6:52 PM EDT
Who will grab a 3-2 series lead?
May 24, 2015, 5:58 PM EDT
Can Anaheim grind this series out?
May 24, 2015, 4:45 PM EDT
Things weren’t a “perfect fit” for the blue liner in Nashville.
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 0
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 7
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 69
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 63
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)