Mar 18, 2013, 6:22 PM EDT
Eric and Jordan Staal had the opportunity to visit ailing brother Marc Staal on Sunday. They provided some updates about the New York Rangers defenseman’s condition to the Bergen Record, including this hopeful bit from Jordan about Marc possibly playing again this season.
“I believe so, he still needs time to heal but he’s looking forward to getting back as soon as he can,” Jordan said.
Unfortunately, the optimism wasn’t quite as abundant regarding Marc’s vision coming back 100 percent.
“It’s heading in the right direction and we’re not sure completely how it’s going to turn out,” Jordan said.
It sounds like Marc will wear a visor whenever he returns to the NHL, although it doesn’t appear to be a slam dunk (despite their mother’s objections).
“We asked him, I think he’s going to wear one,” Jordan said. “It really isn’t a laughing matter but I think he’s going to throw one on. My mom threw a few comments out but the Staals can be stubborn sometimes.”
Apparently so, because Eric seemed pretty ambivalent about wearing one himself.
“I don’t know, he hasn’t really said much about it to be honest. It’s one of those things that it’s tough to make an excuse for,” Eric said about Marc before shifting to his own situation. “But right now I’m comfortable without it and obviously I’m going to have address it at some point and possibly go with it but for right now I’m staying with the way I have it.”
In related news, TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports that Marc will be on hand in New York to watch his Rangers face his brothers and the Carolina Hurricanes on Monday.
Mar 28, 2015, 6:30 PM EDT
He appeared in eight games with Columbus this season.
Mar 28, 2015, 6:00 PM EDT
It’ll cost him $3,897.85.
Mar 28, 2015, 5:40 PM EDT
Detroit moves five points up on Boston in the Atlantic with the win.
Mar 28, 2015, 4:38 PM EDT
Anaheim currently has the NHL’s best record as well.
Mar 28, 2015, 3:48 PM EDT
Big win for the B’s.
Mar 28, 2015, 3:25 PM EDT
The West’s first ticket gets punched.
Mar 28, 2015, 2:59 PM EDT
There’s plenty of debate about it being dirty or clean.
Mar 28, 2015, 2:49 PM EDT
The only update so far is he’s “unlikely to return.”
Mar 28, 2015, 2:18 PM EDT
A positive trend on Saturday.
Mar 28, 2015, 1:46 PM EDT
Pittsburgh killed the penalty.
Mar 28, 2015, 1:35 PM EDT
Notes from a busy Saturday afternoon.
Mar 28, 2015, 1:13 PM EDT
Nashville’s in a great position to clinch a playoff spot.
Mar 28, 2015, 12:24 PM EDT
The really busy Saturday matinee edition.
Mar 28, 2015, 12:09 PM EDT
Nashville will aim to clinch without him.
Mar 28, 2015, 11:55 AM EDT
Four teams look to punch their ticket on Saturday.
Mar 28, 2015, 11:17 AM EDT
Just what the doctor ordered.
Mar 28, 2015, 11:10 AM EDT
They face the desperate Bruins today.
Mar 28, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
He’s a healthy scratch for Saturday.
Mar 28, 2015, 10:31 AM EDT
St. Louis gets Carl Gunnarsson back, too.
Mar 28, 2015, 9:29 AM EDT
Now that’s a “hockey face.”
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 0
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 21
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 29
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 3
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 1
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)