Mar 18, 2013, 8:12 PM EDT
Helm, 26, has been limited to just one game this season because of those back problems. The team was hoping he’d be able to play on Wednesday, but a setback leaves that as a mere “pipe dream,” according to head coach Mike Babcock.
Meanwhile, Bertuzzi skated for a few minutes last week but didn’t feel good. The 38-year-old hopes to avoid surgery. (About the only good news for him? His contract doesn’t expire until after the 2013-14 campaign.)
The Red Wings are currently ranked fifth in the West with 33 points, but the margin of error isn’t large, especially since they’re tied for the most games played in the conference at 29.
- Report: No fine or suspension for Perry’s spear on Benn 0
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 2
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 23
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 41
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 57
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 15
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 42