Mar 18, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
Orlov, 21, appeared in 60 games for Washington a season ago, scoring 3G-16A-19PTS while averaging close to 17 minutes per game.
Washington’s second-round pick (55th overall) at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, Orlov missed extensive time for Hershey this season with a concussion but still managed to score 12 points in 22 games.
The Caps’ website says Orlov will participate in Tuesday’s morning skate in Pittsburgh — Washington takes on the Pens later that evening — and will wear No. 81, assuming he draws into the lineup for Poti.
In Sunday’s 5-3 win over Buffalo, the Caps’ defense featured 27-year-old rookie Steven Olesky, who made his NHL debut on Mar. 5.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 9
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 15
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 31
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 44
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 28
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 45
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)