Mar 18, 2013, 4:30 PM EST
Orlov, 21, appeared in 60 games for Washington a season ago, scoring 3G-16A-19PTS while averaging close to 17 minutes per game.
Washington’s second-round pick (55th overall) at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, Orlov missed extensive time for Hershey this season with a concussion but still managed to score 12 points in 22 games.
The Caps’ website says Orlov will participate in Tuesday’s morning skate in Pittsburgh — Washington takes on the Pens later that evening — and will wear No. 81, assuming he draws into the lineup for Poti.
In Sunday’s 5-3 win over Buffalo, the Caps’ defense featured 27-year-old rookie Steven Olesky, who made his NHL debut on Mar. 5.
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 18
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 36
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)