Mar 18, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
Orlov, 21, appeared in 60 games for Washington a season ago, scoring 3G-16A-19PTS while averaging close to 17 minutes per game.
Washington’s second-round pick (55th overall) at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, Orlov missed extensive time for Hershey this season with a concussion but still managed to score 12 points in 22 games.
The Caps’ website says Orlov will participate in Tuesday’s morning skate in Pittsburgh — Washington takes on the Pens later that evening — and will wear No. 81, assuming he draws into the lineup for Poti.
In Sunday’s 5-3 win over Buffalo, the Caps’ defense featured 27-year-old rookie Steven Olesky, who made his NHL debut on Mar. 5.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 9
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)