Mar 18, 2013, 4:30 PM EST
Orlov, 21, appeared in 60 games for Washington a season ago, scoring 3G-16A-19PTS while averaging close to 17 minutes per game.
Washington’s second-round pick (55th overall) at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, Orlov missed extensive time for Hershey this season with a concussion but still managed to score 12 points in 22 games.
The Caps’ website says Orlov will participate in Tuesday’s morning skate in Pittsburgh — Washington takes on the Pens later that evening — and will wear No. 81, assuming he draws into the lineup for Poti.
In Sunday’s 5-3 win over Buffalo, the Caps’ defense featured 27-year-old rookie Steven Olesky, who made his NHL debut on Mar. 5.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 34
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)