Mar 18, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
Orlov, 21, appeared in 60 games for Washington a season ago, scoring 3G-16A-19PTS while averaging close to 17 minutes per game.
Washington’s second-round pick (55th overall) at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, Orlov missed extensive time for Hershey this season with a concussion but still managed to score 12 points in 22 games.
The Caps’ website says Orlov will participate in Tuesday’s morning skate in Pittsburgh — Washington takes on the Pens later that evening — and will wear No. 81, assuming he draws into the lineup for Poti.
In Sunday’s 5-3 win over Buffalo, the Caps’ defense featured 27-year-old rookie Steven Olesky, who made his NHL debut on Mar. 5.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 8
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 21
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40