Mar 18, 2013, 11:59 AM EST
The recall comes after winger David Booth was injured in Saturday’s 5-2 loss to the Red Wings.
Vancouver head coach Alain Vigneault expects Booth to “be out for a while.”
Schroeder has already played 22 games for the Canucks, scoring twice and adding three assists.
It was speculated 20-year-old prospect Nicklas Jensen may get the call to the big club, but apparently management felt Schroeder was the better option for now.
The Canucks host Minnesota tonight in a big Northwest Division game. Both teams are tied with 32 points, but the Wild have the tie-breaker based on regulation/overtime wins.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 13
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 76
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 4
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (86)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)