Mar 18, 2013, 11:59 AM EDT
The recall comes after winger David Booth was injured in Saturday’s 5-2 loss to the Red Wings.
Vancouver head coach Alain Vigneault expects Booth to “be out for a while.”
Schroeder has already played 22 games for the Canucks, scoring twice and adding three assists.
It was speculated 20-year-old prospect Nicklas Jensen may get the call to the big club, but apparently management felt Schroeder was the better option for now.
The Canucks host Minnesota tonight in a big Northwest Division game. Both teams are tied with 32 points, but the Wild have the tie-breaker based on regulation/overtime wins.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)