Mar 18, 2013, 11:59 AM EDT
The recall comes after winger David Booth was injured in Saturday’s 5-2 loss to the Red Wings.
Vancouver head coach Alain Vigneault expects Booth to “be out for a while.”
Schroeder has already played 22 games for the Canucks, scoring twice and adding three assists.
It was speculated 20-year-old prospect Nicklas Jensen may get the call to the big club, but apparently management felt Schroeder was the better option for now.
The Canucks host Minnesota tonight in a big Northwest Division game. Both teams are tied with 32 points, but the Wild have the tie-breaker based on regulation/overtime wins.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 71
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 54
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 34
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)