Mar 18, 2013, 11:59 AM EDT
The recall comes after winger David Booth was injured in Saturday’s 5-2 loss to the Red Wings.
Vancouver head coach Alain Vigneault expects Booth to “be out for a while.”
Schroeder has already played 22 games for the Canucks, scoring twice and adding three assists.
It was speculated 20-year-old prospect Nicklas Jensen may get the call to the big club, but apparently management felt Schroeder was the better option for now.
The Canucks host Minnesota tonight in a big Northwest Division game. Both teams are tied with 32 points, but the Wild have the tie-breaker based on regulation/overtime wins.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 1
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 24
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 36
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)