Mar 18, 2013, 11:59 AM EDT
The recall comes after winger David Booth was injured in Saturday’s 5-2 loss to the Red Wings.
Vancouver head coach Alain Vigneault expects Booth to “be out for a while.”
Schroeder has already played 22 games for the Canucks, scoring twice and adding three assists.
It was speculated 20-year-old prospect Nicklas Jensen may get the call to the big club, but apparently management felt Schroeder was the better option for now.
The Canucks host Minnesota tonight in a big Northwest Division game. Both teams are tied with 32 points, but the Wild have the tie-breaker based on regulation/overtime wins.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 22
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 28
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)