Mar 18, 2013, 12:27 PM EST
Blues forward Chris Stewart is the NHL’s first star of the week after scoring five times, with two game-winners, in three St. Louis victories.
Stewart, 25, accounted for over half of the Blues’ nine total goals in those three wins and now has 14 goals on the season, tied for seventh most in the NHL.
It’s been a fine bounce-back season for Stewart, who managed just 15 goals in 79 games in 2011-12, and was even a healthy scratch twice in the playoffs.
In June, Stewart signed a one-year, $3 million contract extension. Safe to say, if he keeps producing at the same rate, he’ll be asking for a raise.
Thus, the Stewart trade rumors, as floated by TSN’s Darren Dreger last week (video).
Moving on, Ottawa forward Kyle Turris, with six points in four games, was the second star of the week.
Columbus goalie Sergei Bobrovsky, on the heels of being named first star of the week, was the third star, leading the NHL with a 0.62 goals-against average and .983 save percentage in three starts, as the Blue Jackets stretched their streak to 10 games without a regulation loss.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 150
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 119
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (181)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (149)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (119)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (97)