Mar 18, 2013, 12:27 PM EDT
Blues forward Chris Stewart is the NHL’s first star of the week after scoring five times, with two game-winners, in three St. Louis victories.
Stewart, 25, accounted for over half of the Blues’ nine total goals in those three wins and now has 14 goals on the season, tied for seventh most in the NHL.
It’s been a fine bounce-back season for Stewart, who managed just 15 goals in 79 games in 2011-12, and was even a healthy scratch twice in the playoffs.
In June, Stewart signed a one-year, $3 million contract extension. Safe to say, if he keeps producing at the same rate, he’ll be asking for a raise.
Thus, the Stewart trade rumors, as floated by TSN’s Darren Dreger last week (video).
Moving on, Ottawa forward Kyle Turris, with six points in four games, was the second star of the week.
Columbus goalie Sergei Bobrovsky, on the heels of being named first star of the week, was the third star, leading the NHL with a 0.62 goals-against average and .983 save percentage in three starts, as the Blue Jackets stretched their streak to 10 games without a regulation loss.
- Lightning sign Brenden Morrow for one year 17
- Jackets sign Dubinsky through 2020-21 33
- AHL’s new overtime rules include 3-on-3 play 26
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 63
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 34
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 62
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 170
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 57
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery 59
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (170)
- Pros and cons of Subban filing for arbitration (67)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)