Mar 18, 2013, 12:27 PM EDT
Blues forward Chris Stewart is the NHL’s first star of the week after scoring five times, with two game-winners, in three St. Louis victories.
Stewart, 25, accounted for over half of the Blues’ nine total goals in those three wins and now has 14 goals on the season, tied for seventh most in the NHL.
It’s been a fine bounce-back season for Stewart, who managed just 15 goals in 79 games in 2011-12, and was even a healthy scratch twice in the playoffs.
In June, Stewart signed a one-year, $3 million contract extension. Safe to say, if he keeps producing at the same rate, he’ll be asking for a raise.
Thus, the Stewart trade rumors, as floated by TSN’s Darren Dreger last week (video).
Moving on, Ottawa forward Kyle Turris, with six points in four games, was the second star of the week.
Columbus goalie Sergei Bobrovsky, on the heels of being named first star of the week, was the third star, leading the NHL with a 0.62 goals-against average and .983 save percentage in three starts, as the Blue Jackets stretched their streak to 10 games without a regulation loss.
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 2
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 66
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)