Mar 18, 2013, 12:27 PM EST
Blues forward Chris Stewart is the NHL’s first star of the week after scoring five times, with two game-winners, in three St. Louis victories.
Stewart, 25, accounted for over half of the Blues’ nine total goals in those three wins and now has 14 goals on the season, tied for seventh most in the NHL.
It’s been a fine bounce-back season for Stewart, who managed just 15 goals in 79 games in 2011-12, and was even a healthy scratch twice in the playoffs.
In June, Stewart signed a one-year, $3 million contract extension. Safe to say, if he keeps producing at the same rate, he’ll be asking for a raise.
Thus, the Stewart trade rumors, as floated by TSN’s Darren Dreger last week (video).
Moving on, Ottawa forward Kyle Turris, with six points in four games, was the second star of the week.
Columbus goalie Sergei Bobrovsky, on the heels of being named first star of the week, was the third star, leading the NHL with a 0.62 goals-against average and .983 save percentage in three starts, as the Blue Jackets stretched their streak to 10 games without a regulation loss.
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 2
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 7
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 77
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 42
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 77
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (80)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (77)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)