Mar 18, 2013, 1:43 PM EDT
After a couple of rough weeks injury-wise, the St. Louis Blues are getting healthy.
McDonald, 35, hasn’t played since a 2-1 win over Columbus on Feb. 23.
He was hurt two days later during a practice that also saw Blues teammate Alex Steen go down with injury, and was placed on injured reserve on Feb. 27.
The Blues could certainly use McDonald’s presence back in the lineup.
An alternate captain, he was off to a nice start to the year, scoring 3G-8A-11PTS in 18 games, doing most of his damage on the Blues’ top-ranked power play (he had 1G-5A with the man advantage.)
As mentioned above, the Blues are really starting to round into shape.
Steen returned to action two games ago in a 3-1 win over Phoenix, and did it in style by scoring once and adding two helpers.
Meanwhile, rookie of the year candidate Vladimir Tarasenko (concussion) returned from a lengthy absence himself in Saturday’s 2-1 overtime win against Anaheim, notching an assist while playing just over 13 minutes.
As for winger TJ Oshie, his rib injury will keep him out of the lineup until Saturday’s game in Edmonton. That’s the first contest he’ll be eligible to come off IR.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 23
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)