Mar 18, 2013, 1:43 PM EDT
After a couple of rough weeks injury-wise, the St. Louis Blues are getting healthy.
McDonald, 35, hasn’t played since a 2-1 win over Columbus on Feb. 23.
He was hurt two days later during a practice that also saw Blues teammate Alex Steen go down with injury, and was placed on injured reserve on Feb. 27.
The Blues could certainly use McDonald’s presence back in the lineup.
An alternate captain, he was off to a nice start to the year, scoring 3G-8A-11PTS in 18 games, doing most of his damage on the Blues’ top-ranked power play (he had 1G-5A with the man advantage.)
As mentioned above, the Blues are really starting to round into shape.
Steen returned to action two games ago in a 3-1 win over Phoenix, and did it in style by scoring once and adding two helpers.
Meanwhile, rookie of the year candidate Vladimir Tarasenko (concussion) returned from a lengthy absence himself in Saturday’s 2-1 overtime win against Anaheim, notching an assist while playing just over 13 minutes.
As for winger TJ Oshie, his rib injury will keep him out of the lineup until Saturday’s game in Edmonton. That’s the first contest he’ll be eligible to come off IR.
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 1
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 7
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 19
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 27
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)