Mar 18, 2013, 1:43 PM EDT
After a couple of rough weeks injury-wise, the St. Louis Blues are getting healthy.
McDonald, 35, hasn’t played since a 2-1 win over Columbus on Feb. 23.
He was hurt two days later during a practice that also saw Blues teammate Alex Steen go down with injury, and was placed on injured reserve on Feb. 27.
The Blues could certainly use McDonald’s presence back in the lineup.
An alternate captain, he was off to a nice start to the year, scoring 3G-8A-11PTS in 18 games, doing most of his damage on the Blues’ top-ranked power play (he had 1G-5A with the man advantage.)
As mentioned above, the Blues are really starting to round into shape.
Steen returned to action two games ago in a 3-1 win over Phoenix, and did it in style by scoring once and adding two helpers.
Meanwhile, rookie of the year candidate Vladimir Tarasenko (concussion) returned from a lengthy absence himself in Saturday’s 2-1 overtime win against Anaheim, notching an assist while playing just over 13 minutes.
As for winger TJ Oshie, his rib injury will keep him out of the lineup until Saturday’s game in Edmonton. That’s the first contest he’ll be eligible to come off IR.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 0
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 20
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22