Mar 18, 2013, 1:43 PM EDT
After a couple of rough weeks injury-wise, the St. Louis Blues are getting healthy.
McDonald, 35, hasn’t played since a 2-1 win over Columbus on Feb. 23.
He was hurt two days later during a practice that also saw Blues teammate Alex Steen go down with injury, and was placed on injured reserve on Feb. 27.
The Blues could certainly use McDonald’s presence back in the lineup.
An alternate captain, he was off to a nice start to the year, scoring 3G-8A-11PTS in 18 games, doing most of his damage on the Blues’ top-ranked power play (he had 1G-5A with the man advantage.)
As mentioned above, the Blues are really starting to round into shape.
Steen returned to action two games ago in a 3-1 win over Phoenix, and did it in style by scoring once and adding two helpers.
Meanwhile, rookie of the year candidate Vladimir Tarasenko (concussion) returned from a lengthy absence himself in Saturday’s 2-1 overtime win against Anaheim, notching an assist while playing just over 13 minutes.
As for winger TJ Oshie, his rib injury will keep him out of the lineup until Saturday’s game in Edmonton. That’s the first contest he’ll be eligible to come off IR.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (32)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)