Mar 17, 2013, 9:34 AM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets helped themselves out immensely by dispatching the Toronto Maple Leafs 5-4 in a shootout. The win pushed them to the top of the Southeast Division ahead of Carolina and marked their third straight victory.
It wasn’t your garden variety shootout, however, as it took 10 rounds to settle the matter. Ultimately it would be defenseman Zach Bogosian sealing the deal for the Jets beating James Reimer with a wicked wrister over the glove thanks to a nifty quick-stop. The 10-round affair is the longest shootout of the season and had enough rounds to be confused with a boxing match.
Rather than showing you all 10 rounds, here’s the winner courtesy of YouTube.
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 1
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 3
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 45
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 49
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)