Mar 17, 2013, 9:34 AM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets helped themselves out immensely by dispatching the Toronto Maple Leafs 5-4 in a shootout. The win pushed them to the top of the Southeast Division ahead of Carolina and marked their third straight victory.
It wasn’t your garden variety shootout, however, as it took 10 rounds to settle the matter. Ultimately it would be defenseman Zach Bogosian sealing the deal for the Jets beating James Reimer with a wicked wrister over the glove thanks to a nifty quick-stop. The 10-round affair is the longest shootout of the season and had enough rounds to be confused with a boxing match.
Rather than showing you all 10 rounds, here’s the winner courtesy of YouTube.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Without Shea Weber, Predators can’t contain Hawks in Game 3 7
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 19
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 84
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 68
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (166)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (84)