Mar 17, 2013, 9:34 AM EST
The Winnipeg Jets helped themselves out immensely by dispatching the Toronto Maple Leafs 5-4 in a shootout. The win pushed them to the top of the Southeast Division ahead of Carolina and marked their third straight victory.
It wasn’t your garden variety shootout, however, as it took 10 rounds to settle the matter. Ultimately it would be defenseman Zach Bogosian sealing the deal for the Jets beating James Reimer with a wicked wrister over the glove thanks to a nifty quick-stop. The 10-round affair is the longest shootout of the season and had enough rounds to be confused with a boxing match.
Rather than showing you all 10 rounds, here’s the winner courtesy of YouTube.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)