Mar 17, 2013, 9:34 AM EST
The Winnipeg Jets helped themselves out immensely by dispatching the Toronto Maple Leafs 5-4 in a shootout. The win pushed them to the top of the Southeast Division ahead of Carolina and marked their third straight victory.
It wasn’t your garden variety shootout, however, as it took 10 rounds to settle the matter. Ultimately it would be defenseman Zach Bogosian sealing the deal for the Jets beating James Reimer with a wicked wrister over the glove thanks to a nifty quick-stop. The 10-round affair is the longest shootout of the season and had enough rounds to be confused with a boxing match.
Rather than showing you all 10 rounds, here’s the winner courtesy of YouTube.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (73)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)