Mar 17, 2013, 9:34 AM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets helped themselves out immensely by dispatching the Toronto Maple Leafs 5-4 in a shootout. The win pushed them to the top of the Southeast Division ahead of Carolina and marked their third straight victory.
It wasn’t your garden variety shootout, however, as it took 10 rounds to settle the matter. Ultimately it would be defenseman Zach Bogosian sealing the deal for the Jets beating James Reimer with a wicked wrister over the glove thanks to a nifty quick-stop. The 10-round affair is the longest shootout of the season and had enough rounds to be confused with a boxing match.
Rather than showing you all 10 rounds, here’s the winner courtesy of YouTube.
- Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 10
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 5
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29