Mar 17, 2013, 4:45 PM EDT
In the third period, Krejci was parked in front of Penguins goalie Tomas Vokoun while Johnny Boychuk wound up and unleashed a slap shot that the Czech forward tried to jump out of the way of. Instead of avoiding the shot he was hit right above his knee, dropping him to the ice. Krejci had to be helped off the ice and did not return to the game. See the play for yourself.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty reports Krejci was seen stiffly walking to the team bus following the game. Boychuk is hoping his first-line center is OK.
“I just hope he’s OK,” Boychuk said. “It was a good pass over by [Zdeno Chara] and I had the whole lane to walk down and lots of time. I tried to put everything on it. Unfortunately it hit Krejci.”
The Bruins had no update on his condition and coach Claude Julien expects him to at least travel with the team for Tuesday’s game in Winnipeg.
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 5
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 16
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13