Mar 17, 2013, 4:45 PM EDT
In the third period, Krejci was parked in front of Penguins goalie Tomas Vokoun while Johnny Boychuk wound up and unleashed a slap shot that the Czech forward tried to jump out of the way of. Instead of avoiding the shot he was hit right above his knee, dropping him to the ice. Krejci had to be helped off the ice and did not return to the game. See the play for yourself.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty reports Krejci was seen stiffly walking to the team bus following the game. Boychuk is hoping his first-line center is OK.
“I just hope he’s OK,” Boychuk said. “It was a good pass over by [Zdeno Chara] and I had the whole lane to walk down and lots of time. I tried to put everything on it. Unfortunately it hit Krejci.”
The Bruins had no update on his condition and coach Claude Julien expects him to at least travel with the team for Tuesday’s game in Winnipeg.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)