Mar 17, 2013, 4:45 PM EST
In the third period, Krejci was parked in front of Penguins goalie Tomas Vokoun while Johnny Boychuk wound up and unleashed a slap shot that the Czech forward tried to jump out of the way of. Instead of avoiding the shot he was hit right above his knee, dropping him to the ice. Krejci had to be helped off the ice and did not return to the game. See the play for yourself.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty reports Krejci was seen stiffly walking to the team bus following the game. Boychuk is hoping his first-line center is OK.
“I just hope he’s OK,” Boychuk said. “It was a good pass over by [Zdeno Chara] and I had the whole lane to walk down and lots of time. I tried to put everything on it. Unfortunately it hit Krejci.”
The Bruins had no update on his condition and coach Claude Julien expects him to at least travel with the team for Tuesday’s game in Winnipeg.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 36
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)