Mar 17, 2013, 4:45 PM EST
In the third period, Krejci was parked in front of Penguins goalie Tomas Vokoun while Johnny Boychuk wound up and unleashed a slap shot that the Czech forward tried to jump out of the way of. Instead of avoiding the shot he was hit right above his knee, dropping him to the ice. Krejci had to be helped off the ice and did not return to the game. See the play for yourself.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty reports Krejci was seen stiffly walking to the team bus following the game. Boychuk is hoping his first-line center is OK.
“I just hope he’s OK,” Boychuk said. “It was a good pass over by [Zdeno Chara] and I had the whole lane to walk down and lots of time. I tried to put everything on it. Unfortunately it hit Krejci.”
The Bruins had no update on his condition and coach Claude Julien expects him to at least travel with the team for Tuesday’s game in Winnipeg.
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 2
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 0
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 13
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 9
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)