Mar 17, 2013, 4:45 PM EDT
In the third period, Krejci was parked in front of Penguins goalie Tomas Vokoun while Johnny Boychuk wound up and unleashed a slap shot that the Czech forward tried to jump out of the way of. Instead of avoiding the shot he was hit right above his knee, dropping him to the ice. Krejci had to be helped off the ice and did not return to the game. See the play for yourself.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty reports Krejci was seen stiffly walking to the team bus following the game. Boychuk is hoping his first-line center is OK.
“I just hope he’s OK,” Boychuk said. “It was a good pass over by [Zdeno Chara] and I had the whole lane to walk down and lots of time. I tried to put everything on it. Unfortunately it hit Krejci.”
The Bruins had no update on his condition and coach Claude Julien expects him to at least travel with the team for Tuesday’s game in Winnipeg.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 0
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)