Mar 17, 2013, 9:56 PM EST
A Sunday afternoon clash between the American Hockey League’s Chicago Wolves and Rockford IceHogs ended with a brawl at the IceHogs bench.
The incident occurred in the final seconds of the IceHogs’ 2-1 victory, when Chicago forward Guillaume Desbiens, finishing his check, went through the door at the Rockford bench. IceHogs forward Jeremy Morin began landing punches on Desbiens, before a massive pile-up of players ensued.
Wolves defenseman Jim Vandermeer, who signed a two-way contract with the Canucks at the start of training camp, ended up getting into a fight inside the IceHogs bench.
The two teams combined for 174 penalty minutes and the incident didn’t sit well the Wolves coaching staff.
“We’re sending all that stuff in to the league,” Wolves head coach Scott Arniel told the Chicago Tribune.
“All that (expletive) that went on there, they have a history of it. Terribly reffed game too. Got out of hand.”
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 9
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 25
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 63
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)