Mar 17, 2013, 5:43 PM EST
San Jose Sharks general manager Doug Wilson is reportedly in “full panic mode,” according to Bruce Garrioch’s of the Ottawa Sun, and three of the team’s pending unrestricted free agents – Ryane Clowe, Michal Handzus and Douglas Murray – are available.
The Sharks won their first seven games of the season, but have just five victories since. They are now sitting eighth in the Western Conference standings and have fallen 14 points back of the Anaheim Ducks in the Pacific Division.
They suffered a loss to the L.A. Kings Saturday, prompting a diatribe from head coach Todd McLellan.
“How frickin’ disappointing is that?” McLellan told the San Jose Mercury News.
“We play against the Stanley Cup champions back to back, we’re lucky enough to win one in San Jose, and we come here and you’ve got to think they’d be champing at the bit and ready to go. What a great opportunity for our team to test themselves collectively, but also individually. Do I belong in the NHL? And we had a lot of passengers.”
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 13
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54