Mar 17, 2013, 5:43 PM EDT
San Jose Sharks general manager Doug Wilson is reportedly in “full panic mode,” according to Bruce Garrioch’s of the Ottawa Sun, and three of the team’s pending unrestricted free agents – Ryane Clowe, Michal Handzus and Douglas Murray – are available.
The Sharks won their first seven games of the season, but have just five victories since. They are now sitting eighth in the Western Conference standings and have fallen 14 points back of the Anaheim Ducks in the Pacific Division.
They suffered a loss to the L.A. Kings Saturday, prompting a diatribe from head coach Todd McLellan.
“How frickin’ disappointing is that?” McLellan told the San Jose Mercury News.
“We play against the Stanley Cup champions back to back, we’re lucky enough to win one in San Jose, and we come here and you’ve got to think they’d be champing at the bit and ready to go. What a great opportunity for our team to test themselves collectively, but also individually. Do I belong in the NHL? And we had a lot of passengers.”
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)