Mar 17, 2013, 5:43 PM EDT
San Jose Sharks general manager Doug Wilson is reportedly in “full panic mode,” according to Bruce Garrioch’s of the Ottawa Sun, and three of the team’s pending unrestricted free agents – Ryane Clowe, Michal Handzus and Douglas Murray – are available.
The Sharks won their first seven games of the season, but have just five victories since. They are now sitting eighth in the Western Conference standings and have fallen 14 points back of the Anaheim Ducks in the Pacific Division.
They suffered a loss to the L.A. Kings Saturday, prompting a diatribe from head coach Todd McLellan.
“How frickin’ disappointing is that?” McLellan told the San Jose Mercury News.
“We play against the Stanley Cup champions back to back, we’re lucky enough to win one in San Jose, and we come here and you’ve got to think they’d be champing at the bit and ready to go. What a great opportunity for our team to test themselves collectively, but also individually. Do I belong in the NHL? And we had a lot of passengers.”
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 16
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 50
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 45
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 9
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)