Mar 17, 2013, 10:53 PM EST
Buffalo Sabres goalie Ryan Miller was asked about his teammate, Patrick Kaleta, being upset over getting scratched for Sunday’s game against the Washington Capitals, despite serving his recent five-game suspension.
And Miller didn’t hold back.
“He’s being dramatic,” Miller, in an audio file at BuffaloNews.com, said about Kaleta.
“We’re not discussing what (Kaleta) says to you guys because that’s just drama and he needs to just grow up.”
Oh boy. Miller’s comments followed a 5-3 loss to the Capitals. And the soap opera in Buffalo continues.
The Sabres are now 14th in the Eastern Conference, and just four points ahead of the bottom-dwelling Florida Panthers.
The often-outspoken Miller – there are reports his days in Buffalo “are numbered” – allowed five goals on just 25 shots.
Kaleta, who was suspended five games for hitting New York Rangers forward Brad Richards from behind, wasn’t happy about being a healthy scratch.
“I’m pissed off. I want to play,” Kaleta told the Buffalo News prior to Sunday’s game.
“And especially after watching some things, sitting there watching the game, I want to play. … I guess they don’t need me right now I guess. I’ve been pissed off watching for the past couple weeks. No matter if you’re a fan, a player, you guys know what’s going on. You should be pissed off. You should play with a little piss and vinegar. You shouldn’t be happy. We’re not in position we want to be in. We have to work harder, come in and do something about it.”
Nov 23, 2014, 12:15 PM EST
He shared the evidence and a boatload of hashtags.
Nov 23, 2014, 11:39 AM EST
His twin Henrik will play his 1,031st.
Nov 23, 2014, 10:34 AM EST
The kind of pass you’d don a mullet wig for.
Nov 23, 2014, 9:33 AM EST
The Syracuse Crunch and Utica Comets drew more than 30,000 fans.
Nov 23, 2014, 2:30 AM EST
L.A. has won only once away from Staples Center this season.
Nov 23, 2014, 1:34 AM EST
Edmonton lost 7-1 on home ice. Six straight losses.
Nov 23, 2014, 1:01 AM EST
Nov 23, 2014, 12:28 AM EST
Washington lost out on a chance for three straight wins.
Nov 23, 2014, 12:01 AM EST
These teams play against Dec. 27.
Nov 22, 2014, 11:23 PM EST
Struggling is an understatement.
Nov 22, 2014, 10:56 PM EST
Meanwhile, Edmonton at risk of losing six straight.
Nov 22, 2014, 10:26 PM EST
Nov 22, 2014, 9:56 PM EST
New York takes both games of home-and-home set with Pittsburgh.
Nov 22, 2014, 9:23 PM EST
Difficult news for Washington.
Nov 22, 2014, 9:13 PM EST
Nov 22, 2014, 8:53 PM EST
Dealt with injury last season.
Nov 22, 2014, 8:32 PM EST
Fight didn’t last long.
Nov 22, 2014, 8:17 PM EST
“This is the biggest thing I’ve ever seen in my life with Toronto.”
Nov 22, 2014, 7:38 PM EST
Dallas has moved a trio of blue liners recently.
Nov 22, 2014, 7:09 PM EST
“Let the referees do their job, we’ll do our job.”
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 16
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 63
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (69)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)