Mar 17, 2013, 10:53 PM EDT
Buffalo Sabres goalie Ryan Miller was asked about his teammate, Patrick Kaleta, being upset over getting scratched for Sunday’s game against the Washington Capitals, despite serving his recent five-game suspension.
And Miller didn’t hold back.
“He’s being dramatic,” Miller, in an audio file at BuffaloNews.com, said about Kaleta.
“We’re not discussing what (Kaleta) says to you guys because that’s just drama and he needs to just grow up.”
Oh boy. Miller’s comments followed a 5-3 loss to the Capitals. And the soap opera in Buffalo continues.
The Sabres are now 14th in the Eastern Conference, and just four points ahead of the bottom-dwelling Florida Panthers.
The often-outspoken Miller – there are reports his days in Buffalo “are numbered” – allowed five goals on just 25 shots.
Kaleta, who was suspended five games for hitting New York Rangers forward Brad Richards from behind, wasn’t happy about being a healthy scratch.
“I’m pissed off. I want to play,” Kaleta told the Buffalo News prior to Sunday’s game.
“And especially after watching some things, sitting there watching the game, I want to play. … I guess they don’t need me right now I guess. I’ve been pissed off watching for the past couple weeks. No matter if you’re a fan, a player, you guys know what’s going on. You should be pissed off. You should play with a little piss and vinegar. You shouldn’t be happy. We’re not in position we want to be in. We have to work harder, come in and do something about it.”
May 26, 2015, 1:13 AM EDT
Monday’s tough loss hasn’t weakened his resolve.
May 26, 2015, 12:21 AM EDT
Matt Beleskey scored the game winner after initially losing his second line spot.
May 26, 2015, 12:03 AM EDT
Chicago was trailing for most of the game.
May 25, 2015, 11:10 PM EDT
It was a reversal from the first frame.
May 25, 2015, 10:57 PM EDT
Maple Leafs prospect Frederik Gauthier had a big game too.
May 25, 2015, 10:11 PM EDT
The first period was all Anaheim.
May 25, 2015, 9:42 PM EDT
The Ducks got off to an ideal start.
May 25, 2015, 9:17 PM EDT
Emerson Etem is a healthy scratch.
May 25, 2015, 8:29 PM EDT
He needed to keep his wrist frozen to play.
May 25, 2015, 7:25 PM EDT
He was linked to Nashville’s playoff curfew incident.
May 25, 2015, 6:30 PM EDT
The series is tied at 2-2.
May 25, 2015, 5:43 PM EDT
There’s going to be a fight for the No. 1 gig in Detroit.
May 25, 2015, 4:41 PM EDT
Reports out of Swift Current, Saskatchewan.
May 25, 2015, 4:32 PM EDT
May 25, 2015, 3:58 PM EDT
They’re expected to speak again before July 1.
May 25, 2015, 3:31 PM EDT
“One bounce here or there, it’s a different story.”
May 25, 2015, 2:10 PM EDT
Made his NHL debut last season, appearing in 16 games.
May 25, 2015, 2:05 PM EDT
He’s eligible to sign an extension this summer.
May 25, 2015, 12:54 PM EDT
“Everyone involved with the ZSC Lions is so excited about seeing him play in Zurich.”
May 25, 2015, 12:44 PM EDT
This won’t quell the Kevin Bieksa trade speculation.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 13
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)