Mar 17, 2013, 10:53 PM EST
Buffalo Sabres goalie Ryan Miller was asked about his teammate, Patrick Kaleta, being upset over getting scratched for Sunday’s game against the Washington Capitals, despite serving his recent five-game suspension.
And Miller didn’t hold back.
“He’s being dramatic,” Miller, in an audio file at BuffaloNews.com, said about Kaleta.
“We’re not discussing what (Kaleta) says to you guys because that’s just drama and he needs to just grow up.”
Oh boy. Miller’s comments followed a 5-3 loss to the Capitals. And the soap opera in Buffalo continues.
The Sabres are now 14th in the Eastern Conference, and just four points ahead of the bottom-dwelling Florida Panthers.
The often-outspoken Miller – there are reports his days in Buffalo “are numbered” – allowed five goals on just 25 shots.
Kaleta, who was suspended five games for hitting New York Rangers forward Brad Richards from behind, wasn’t happy about being a healthy scratch.
“I’m pissed off. I want to play,” Kaleta told the Buffalo News prior to Sunday’s game.
“And especially after watching some things, sitting there watching the game, I want to play. … I guess they don’t need me right now I guess. I’ve been pissed off watching for the past couple weeks. No matter if you’re a fan, a player, you guys know what’s going on. You should be pissed off. You should play with a little piss and vinegar. You shouldn’t be happy. We’re not in position we want to be in. We have to work harder, come in and do something about it.”
Mar 3, 2015, 2:17 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Mar 3, 2015, 2:16 PM EST
He didn’t sign with them to lose.
Mar 3, 2015, 1:32 PM EST
Ex-Dallas winger could open up playing alongside the Detroit captain.
Mar 3, 2015, 1:10 PM EST
“Is it his fault we’re losing? No. Did he build this team? No.”
Mar 3, 2015, 12:28 PM EST
“Matt’s priority is to remain in Anaheim for many years to come. Hopefully we can make that happen.”
Mar 3, 2015, 11:56 AM EST
Sens are making a run in the East, but it’s still the Bruins’ spot to lose.
Mar 3, 2015, 11:06 AM EST
“Players would have to come to me.”
Mar 3, 2015, 10:55 AM EST
The other new guy, Sean Bergenheim, will play with Nino Niederreiter and Charlie Coyle.
Mar 3, 2015, 10:41 AM EST
The two squads will play again on Sunday.
Mar 3, 2015, 10:35 AM EST
Plenty of roster spots to be filled in Buffalo after yesterday’s deadline.
Mar 3, 2015, 9:57 AM EST
Is this a sign of what they should expect to face as free agents?
Mar 3, 2015, 9:11 AM EST
This was a key win for San Jose.
Mar 3, 2015, 8:56 AM EST
Tampa Bay needs to get hot to challenge the Atlantic Division-leading Montreal Canadiens.
Mar 3, 2015, 8:00 AM EST
Tuesday’s collection of links.
Mar 2, 2015, 11:23 PM EST
Kimmo Timonen and Antoine Vermette made their debuts.
Mar 2, 2015, 10:49 PM EST
San Jose beat Montreal 4-0 on Monday.
Mar 2, 2015, 9:56 PM EST
An impressive effort for a team going all-in.
Mar 2, 2015, 9:03 PM EST
Then again, Taylor Beck’s helper might have been better.
Mar 2, 2015, 8:14 PM EST
He’ll pair with Sergei Gonchar to start.
Mar 2, 2015, 7:31 PM EST
Adding versatility in a tough West.
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 0
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 16
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 5
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 73
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (74)