Mar 17, 2013, 6:29 PM EDT
The 26-year-old Malkin, the league’s reigning MVP, has 24 points in 21 games for Pittsburgh this season.
Despite his absence from the lineup, the Penguins continue their solid play, completing their ninth consecutive win with a victory over the Boston Bruins on Sunday.
While Malkin skated prior to the game, the Penguins could be facing more injury problems, this time on their blue line.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63