Mar 17, 2013, 10:10 AM EST
The Florida Panthers have had too many injuries to deal with this season to keep up with. During last night’s 4-3 loss to the Islanders, two more players left the game with injuries.
Parros was injured in a fight with Eric Boulton while Jovanovski left with an undisclosed injury in the second period. Proving that life in Florida is extra cruel, it Jovanovski’s first game back after missing the last 22 with a lower-body injury. Coach Kevin Dineen says they’ll have an announcement on his injury on Monday.
Stranger still, the Panthers came away lucky to only lose those two players as both Jonathan Huberdeau (wrist) and Peter Mueller (lower body) were banged up during the game but hung in long enough to keep playing/avoid the bogeyman. Going into last night’s game, the Panthers had seven players on injured reserve.
What ever deal the Panthers made to get in the playoffs and win the Southeast Division last year is being cashed in on this time around.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 151
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 119
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (181)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (152)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (119)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)