Mar 17, 2013, 10:10 AM EDT
The Florida Panthers have had too many injuries to deal with this season to keep up with. During last night’s 4-3 loss to the Islanders, two more players left the game with injuries.
Parros was injured in a fight with Eric Boulton while Jovanovski left with an undisclosed injury in the second period. Proving that life in Florida is extra cruel, it Jovanovski’s first game back after missing the last 22 with a lower-body injury. Coach Kevin Dineen says they’ll have an announcement on his injury on Monday.
Stranger still, the Panthers came away lucky to only lose those two players as both Jonathan Huberdeau (wrist) and Peter Mueller (lower body) were banged up during the game but hung in long enough to keep playing/avoid the bogeyman. Going into last night’s game, the Panthers had seven players on injured reserve.
What ever deal the Panthers made to get in the playoffs and win the Southeast Division last year is being cashed in on this time around.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 6
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 22
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 90
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 81
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 0
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 17
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (90)
- Stoll charged with cocaine possession, but not MDMA possession (82)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (81)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)