Mar 17, 2013, 10:10 AM EST
The Florida Panthers have had too many injuries to deal with this season to keep up with. During last night’s 4-3 loss to the Islanders, two more players left the game with injuries.
Parros was injured in a fight with Eric Boulton while Jovanovski left with an undisclosed injury in the second period. Proving that life in Florida is extra cruel, it Jovanovski’s first game back after missing the last 22 with a lower-body injury. Coach Kevin Dineen says they’ll have an announcement on his injury on Monday.
Stranger still, the Panthers came away lucky to only lose those two players as both Jonathan Huberdeau (wrist) and Peter Mueller (lower body) were banged up during the game but hung in long enough to keep playing/avoid the bogeyman. Going into last night’s game, the Panthers had seven players on injured reserve.
What ever deal the Panthers made to get in the playoffs and win the Southeast Division last year is being cashed in on this time around.
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 16
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 41
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (41)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)