Mar 17, 2013, 10:10 AM EDT
The Florida Panthers have had too many injuries to deal with this season to keep up with. During last night’s 4-3 loss to the Islanders, two more players left the game with injuries.
Parros was injured in a fight with Eric Boulton while Jovanovski left with an undisclosed injury in the second period. Proving that life in Florida is extra cruel, it Jovanovski’s first game back after missing the last 22 with a lower-body injury. Coach Kevin Dineen says they’ll have an announcement on his injury on Monday.
Stranger still, the Panthers came away lucky to only lose those two players as both Jonathan Huberdeau (wrist) and Peter Mueller (lower body) were banged up during the game but hung in long enough to keep playing/avoid the bogeyman. Going into last night’s game, the Panthers had seven players on injured reserve.
What ever deal the Panthers made to get in the playoffs and win the Southeast Division last year is being cashed in on this time around.
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 92
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 48
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 63