Mar 17, 2013, 10:10 AM EDT
The Florida Panthers have had too many injuries to deal with this season to keep up with. During last night’s 4-3 loss to the Islanders, two more players left the game with injuries.
Parros was injured in a fight with Eric Boulton while Jovanovski left with an undisclosed injury in the second period. Proving that life in Florida is extra cruel, it Jovanovski’s first game back after missing the last 22 with a lower-body injury. Coach Kevin Dineen says they’ll have an announcement on his injury on Monday.
Stranger still, the Panthers came away lucky to only lose those two players as both Jonathan Huberdeau (wrist) and Peter Mueller (lower body) were banged up during the game but hung in long enough to keep playing/avoid the bogeyman. Going into last night’s game, the Panthers had seven players on injured reserve.
What ever deal the Panthers made to get in the playoffs and win the Southeast Division last year is being cashed in on this time around.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)