Mar 17, 2013, 8:25 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks were put through an intense workout Sunday, after a 5-2 loss to the L.A. Kings, defending Stanley Cup champions, the night previous night.
Head coach Todd McLellan was clearly frustrated with his team’s performance, and so he put this players through battles drills the next day, according to San Jose Mercury News reporter David Pollak.
“He wasn’t happy and nobody in here is going to be upset that we got yelled at,” Adam Burish told the San Jose Mercury News.
“We’re adults. We’re pros. You know if you did your job or you didn’t. Sometimes you deserve a little ass-kicking and then you move on. Guys handled it, guys responded.”
Those guys might get an even larger shake-up, as the trade deadline approaches.
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 1
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55