Mar 17, 2013, 8:25 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks were put through an intense workout Sunday, after a 5-2 loss to the L.A. Kings, defending Stanley Cup champions, the night previous night.
Head coach Todd McLellan was clearly frustrated with his team’s performance, and so he put this players through battles drills the next day, according to San Jose Mercury News reporter David Pollak.
“He wasn’t happy and nobody in here is going to be upset that we got yelled at,” Adam Burish told the San Jose Mercury News.
“We’re adults. We’re pros. You know if you did your job or you didn’t. Sometimes you deserve a little ass-kicking and then you move on. Guys handled it, guys responded.”
Those guys might get an even larger shake-up, as the trade deadline approaches.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 9
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 15
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 31
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 44
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 28
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 45
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)