Mar 17, 2013, 8:25 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks were put through an intense workout Sunday, after a 5-2 loss to the L.A. Kings, defending Stanley Cup champions, the night previous night.
Head coach Todd McLellan was clearly frustrated with his team’s performance, and so he put this players through battles drills the next day, according to San Jose Mercury News reporter David Pollak.
“He wasn’t happy and nobody in here is going to be upset that we got yelled at,” Adam Burish told the San Jose Mercury News.
“We’re adults. We’re pros. You know if you did your job or you didn’t. Sometimes you deserve a little ass-kicking and then you move on. Guys handled it, guys responded.”
Those guys might get an even larger shake-up, as the trade deadline approaches.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)