Mar 17, 2013, 8:25 PM EST
The San Jose Sharks were put through an intense workout Sunday, after a 5-2 loss to the L.A. Kings, defending Stanley Cup champions, the night previous night.
Head coach Todd McLellan was clearly frustrated with his team’s performance, and so he put this players through battles drills the next day, according to San Jose Mercury News reporter David Pollak.
“He wasn’t happy and nobody in here is going to be upset that we got yelled at,” Adam Burish told the San Jose Mercury News.
“We’re adults. We’re pros. You know if you did your job or you didn’t. Sometimes you deserve a little ass-kicking and then you move on. Guys handled it, guys responded.”
Those guys might get an even larger shake-up, as the trade deadline approaches.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 0
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 6
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 11
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 29
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5