Mar 17, 2013, 8:25 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks were put through an intense workout Sunday, after a 5-2 loss to the L.A. Kings, defending Stanley Cup champions, the night previous night.
Head coach Todd McLellan was clearly frustrated with his team’s performance, and so he put this players through battles drills the next day, according to San Jose Mercury News reporter David Pollak.
“He wasn’t happy and nobody in here is going to be upset that we got yelled at,” Adam Burish told the San Jose Mercury News.
“We’re adults. We’re pros. You know if you did your job or you didn’t. Sometimes you deserve a little ass-kicking and then you move on. Guys handled it, guys responded.”
Those guys might get an even larger shake-up, as the trade deadline approaches.
- Rutherford admits mistakes, but has support of Penguins ownership 0
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 25
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 37
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 26
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 8
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 30
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)