Mar 17, 2013, 12:04 AM EDT
Dallas Stars standout Jamie Benn isn’t known for being overly frank – at least in front of a camera or around a microphone – but 8-1 losses can do that to almost any player. He was blunt about that embarrassing loss to the Chicago Blackhawks on Saturday.
“Well, we [expletived] on our first goalie and [same expletived] on our second,” Benn said. “We left them hanging out to dry and that’s unacceptable. We need to do something in this room to change that. It was just an unacceptable effort tonight.”
Benn didn’t seem too eager to use fatigue as an excuse, noting that other teams are dealing with the same issues (much like John Tortorella said earlier tonight about the New York Rangers’ woes).
Here’s video of that post-game venting session:
With a 12-12-3 record for 27 points after losing four in a row, the Stars find themselves in 12th place in the West (although they’re only three points behind eighth place at the moment). In other words, Benn & Co. have time to turn things around – but there might be some ugly moments along the way.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 3
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 6
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 28
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)