Mar 17, 2013, 12:04 AM EDT
Dallas Stars standout Jamie Benn isn’t known for being overly frank – at least in front of a camera or around a microphone – but 8-1 losses can do that to almost any player. He was blunt about that embarrassing loss to the Chicago Blackhawks on Saturday.
“Well, we [expletived] on our first goalie and [same expletived] on our second,” Benn said. “We left them hanging out to dry and that’s unacceptable. We need to do something in this room to change that. It was just an unacceptable effort tonight.”
Benn didn’t seem too eager to use fatigue as an excuse, noting that other teams are dealing with the same issues (much like John Tortorella said earlier tonight about the New York Rangers’ woes).
Here’s video of that post-game venting session:
With a 12-12-3 record for 27 points after losing four in a row, the Stars find themselves in 12th place in the West (although they’re only three points behind eighth place at the moment). In other words, Benn & Co. have time to turn things around – but there might be some ugly moments along the way.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (59)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)