Mar 17, 2013, 12:04 AM EDT
Dallas Stars standout Jamie Benn isn’t known for being overly frank – at least in front of a camera or around a microphone – but 8-1 losses can do that to almost any player. He was blunt about that embarrassing loss to the Chicago Blackhawks on Saturday.
“Well, we [expletived] on our first goalie and [same expletived] on our second,” Benn said. “We left them hanging out to dry and that’s unacceptable. We need to do something in this room to change that. It was just an unacceptable effort tonight.”
Benn didn’t seem too eager to use fatigue as an excuse, noting that other teams are dealing with the same issues (much like John Tortorella said earlier tonight about the New York Rangers’ woes).
Here’s video of that post-game venting session:
With a 12-12-3 record for 27 points after losing four in a row, the Stars find themselves in 12th place in the West (although they’re only three points behind eighth place at the moment). In other words, Benn & Co. have time to turn things around – but there might be some ugly moments along the way.
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession 12
- Video: Controversial Kane goal has Laviolette fuming 10
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 6
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 36
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 45
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38