Mar 17, 2013, 12:04 AM EST
Dallas Stars standout Jamie Benn isn’t known for being overly frank – at least in front of a camera or around a microphone – but 8-1 losses can do that to almost any player. He was blunt about that embarrassing loss to the Chicago Blackhawks on Saturday.
“Well, we [expletived] on our first goalie and [same expletived] on our second,” Benn said. “We left them hanging out to dry and that’s unacceptable. We need to do something in this room to change that. It was just an unacceptable effort tonight.”
Benn didn’t seem too eager to use fatigue as an excuse, noting that other teams are dealing with the same issues (much like John Tortorella said earlier tonight about the New York Rangers’ woes).
Here’s video of that post-game venting session:
With a 12-12-3 record for 27 points after losing four in a row, the Stars find themselves in 12th place in the West (although they’re only three points behind eighth place at the moment). In other words, Benn & Co. have time to turn things around – but there might be some ugly moments along the way.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46