Mar 17, 2013, 6:07 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames made two announcements Sunday regarding their goaltending situation.
With Miikka Kiprusoff and his wife expecting their second child – the veteran netminder will not travel to Dallas – the Flames recalled Danny Taylor from the Abbotsford Heat of the American Hockey League.
Leland Irving also had what the club called in a statement “minor elective surgery” that was successful and he is expected to return to the Heat’s lineup in two weeks.
Taylor collected his first NHL win on March 3 against the Vancouver Canucks, stopping 29 of the 31 shots he faced.
Kiprusoff had won three of his five starts since returning to the Flames earlier this month after missing 13 games with a grade 2 MCL sprain.
The Flames head out on the road for three games, beginning Monday against the Dallas Stars.
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 24
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)