Mar 17, 2013, 6:07 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames made two announcements Sunday regarding their goaltending situation.
With Miikka Kiprusoff and his wife expecting their second child – the veteran netminder will not travel to Dallas – the Flames recalled Danny Taylor from the Abbotsford Heat of the American Hockey League.
Leland Irving also had what the club called in a statement “minor elective surgery” that was successful and he is expected to return to the Heat’s lineup in two weeks.
Taylor collected his first NHL win on March 3 against the Vancouver Canucks, stopping 29 of the 31 shots he faced.
Kiprusoff had won three of his five starts since returning to the Flames earlier this month after missing 13 games with a grade 2 MCL sprain.
The Flames head out on the road for three games, beginning Monday against the Dallas Stars.
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 3
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 9
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 8
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 2
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 34
- Report: Kings’ Stoll may have head, shoulder injuries 15
- Rangers’ goaltending a concern? ‘We know what Henrik is,’ says Tortorella 24
- Discuss: Bruins find scoring touch in Game 2 win over Rangers 43
- Playoffs tonight: Spezza’s Game 3 return, Bruins-Rangers highlight your Sunday 5
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 64
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (94)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw