Mar 17, 2013, 6:07 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames made two announcements Sunday regarding their goaltending situation.
With Miikka Kiprusoff and his wife expecting their second child – the veteran netminder will not travel to Dallas – the Flames recalled Danny Taylor from the Abbotsford Heat of the American Hockey League.
Leland Irving also had what the club called in a statement “minor elective surgery” that was successful and he is expected to return to the Heat’s lineup in two weeks.
Taylor collected his first NHL win on March 3 against the Vancouver Canucks, stopping 29 of the 31 shots he faced.
Kiprusoff had won three of his five starts since returning to the Flames earlier this month after missing 13 games with a grade 2 MCL sprain.
The Flames head out on the road for three games, beginning Monday against the Dallas Stars.
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 0
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Eastern Conference Final Game 7 8
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 30
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (54)