Mar 17, 2013, 6:07 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames made two announcements Sunday regarding their goaltending situation.
With Miikka Kiprusoff and his wife expecting their second child – the veteran netminder will not travel to Dallas – the Flames recalled Danny Taylor from the Abbotsford Heat of the American Hockey League.
Leland Irving also had what the club called in a statement “minor elective surgery” that was successful and he is expected to return to the Heat’s lineup in two weeks.
Taylor collected his first NHL win on March 3 against the Vancouver Canucks, stopping 29 of the 31 shots he faced.
Kiprusoff had won three of his five starts since returning to the Flames earlier this month after missing 13 games with a grade 2 MCL sprain.
The Flames head out on the road for three games, beginning Monday against the Dallas Stars.
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 14
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 29
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 29
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)