Mar 17, 2013, 6:07 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames made two announcements Sunday regarding their goaltending situation.
With Miikka Kiprusoff and his wife expecting their second child – the veteran netminder will not travel to Dallas – the Flames recalled Danny Taylor from the Abbotsford Heat of the American Hockey League.
Leland Irving also had what the club called in a statement “minor elective surgery” that was successful and he is expected to return to the Heat’s lineup in two weeks.
Taylor collected his first NHL win on March 3 against the Vancouver Canucks, stopping 29 of the 31 shots he faced.
Kiprusoff had won three of his five starts since returning to the Flames earlier this month after missing 13 games with a grade 2 MCL sprain.
The Flames head out on the road for three games, beginning Monday against the Dallas Stars.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)