Mar 17, 2013, 4:24 PM EDT
New Jersey Devils rookie forward Stefan Matteau will have to finish his season in Quebec.
Mikael Lalancette of TVA Sports in Quebec reports the Devils have sent last year’s first-round pick back to Blainville-Broisbrand after playing 17 games with New Jersey this season. In that time, Matteau scored one goal and had two assists while averaging just over nine minutes of ice time per game. The Quebec league is about to begin their playoffs and it would seem likely he would head to the AHL once his team’s season is over.
- Report: No suspension for Lucic spear of DeKeyser 16
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 5
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 112
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 54
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 17