Mar 17, 2013, 4:24 PM EDT
New Jersey Devils rookie forward Stefan Matteau will have to finish his season in Quebec.
Mikael Lalancette of TVA Sports in Quebec reports the Devils have sent last year’s first-round pick back to Blainville-Broisbrand after playing 17 games with New Jersey this season. In that time, Matteau scored one goal and had two assists while averaging just over nine minutes of ice time per game. The Quebec league is about to begin their playoffs and it would seem likely he would head to the AHL once his team’s season is over.
- Report: Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 0
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 20
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 29
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24