Mar 17, 2013, 4:24 PM EDT
New Jersey Devils rookie forward Stefan Matteau will have to finish his season in Quebec.
Mikael Lalancette of TVA Sports in Quebec reports the Devils have sent last year’s first-round pick back to Blainville-Broisbrand after playing 17 games with New Jersey this season. In that time, Matteau scored one goal and had two assists while averaging just over nine minutes of ice time per game. The Quebec league is about to begin their playoffs and it would seem likely he would head to the AHL once his team’s season is over.
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 24
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 80
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 8
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 11
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 62
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 36