Mar 17, 2013, 7:15 PM EST
The Montreal Canadiens came to terms on a three-year contract with defenseman Darren Dietz in a deal that was announced Sunday.
A financial term on the deal was not disclosed.
Dietz is a fifth-round pick, 138th overall, of the Canadiens in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
His numbers with the Western Hockey League’s Saskatoon Blades have been nothing short of impressive.
The 19-year-old blue liner has 24 goals and 34 assists in 72 regular season games with Saskatoon this year.
His 58 points ranks him third among WHL blue liners in overall scoring. At 6’1″ and 205 pounds, Dietz also racked up 100 penalty minutes.
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 48
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 2
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 18
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 28
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 23
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)