Mar 17, 2013, 7:15 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens came to terms on a three-year contract with defenseman Darren Dietz in a deal that was announced Sunday.
A financial term on the deal was not disclosed.
Dietz is a fifth-round pick, 138th overall, of the Canadiens in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
His numbers with the Western Hockey League’s Saskatoon Blades have been nothing short of impressive.
The 19-year-old blue liner has 24 goals and 34 assists in 72 regular season games with Saskatoon this year.
His 58 points ranks him third among WHL blue liners in overall scoring. At 6’1″ and 205 pounds, Dietz also racked up 100 penalty minutes.
- Discuss: Bruins find scoring touch in Game 2 win over Rangers 19
- Playoffs tonight: Spezza’s Game 3 return, Bruins-Rangers highlight your Sunday 5
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 62
- Discuss: Sharks win in OT, draw series to 2-1 19
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 44
- Toews has beef with officiating after Game 2 loss 56
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 27
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 3
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 3
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 26
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (94)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Live Extra: Watch live coverage of Penguins-Senators
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles
- Blue Jays-Yankees finale scrubbed by rain