Mar 17, 2013, 7:15 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens came to terms on a three-year contract with defenseman Darren Dietz in a deal that was announced Sunday.
A financial term on the deal was not disclosed.
Dietz is a fifth-round pick, 138th overall, of the Canadiens in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
His numbers with the Western Hockey League’s Saskatoon Blades have been nothing short of impressive.
The 19-year-old blue liner has 24 goals and 34 assists in 72 regular season games with Saskatoon this year.
His 58 points ranks him third among WHL blue liners in overall scoring. At 6’1″ and 205 pounds, Dietz also racked up 100 penalty minutes.
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 3
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 10
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 8
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 51
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 21
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 56
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- Andy Murray out of French Open due to back injury