Mar 17, 2013, 7:15 PM EST
The Montreal Canadiens came to terms on a three-year contract with defenseman Darren Dietz in a deal that was announced Sunday.
A financial term on the deal was not disclosed.
Dietz is a fifth-round pick, 138th overall, of the Canadiens in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
His numbers with the Western Hockey League’s Saskatoon Blades have been nothing short of impressive.
The 19-year-old blue liner has 24 goals and 34 assists in 72 regular season games with Saskatoon this year.
His 58 points ranks him third among WHL blue liners in overall scoring. At 6’1″ and 205 pounds, Dietz also racked up 100 penalty minutes.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 145
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 117
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (146)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (127)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (117)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (97)