Mar 17, 2013, 10:38 AM EST
A pair of college players inked entry-level deals with NHL teams after seeing their school’s seasons end.
Boston locked up former Wild 2009 fourth-round pick and Harvard University standout Alex Fallstrom to his first NHL contract. Fallstrom’s career with the Crimson saw him finish with 70 points in his college career with 33 goals. The 6’2″ 203 pound native of Sweden led the way for the team this year with 21 points. The Bruins acquired him from Minnesota in the 2009 trade involving Chuck Kobasew.
Vancouver did things a bit differently signing college free agent Kellan Lain out of Lake Superior State. Lain, a 6’6″ 22o pound center, finished his junior year with the Lakers with eight goals, eight assists and 111 penalty minutes. That PIM total saw him finish tied for third in the country. In his three years with Lake State, Lain had 39 points and 210 penalty minutes. And here you thought truculence was Toronto’s thing.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 41
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (43)