Mar 16, 2013, 5:30 AM EDT
It was inevitable. Edmonton Oilers scrapper Mike Brown and Jordin Tootoo of the Detroit Red Wings lined up on a neutral zone faceoff, so, of course, they dropped the gloves immediately as the puck was dropped.
Both guys threw a wild flurry of rights and lefts, and landed some heavy body shots but tired themselves out quickly.
The Red Wings, in case you’re wondering, won Friday’s game against the Oilers 3-2 in overtime.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)