Mar 16, 2013, 5:30 AM EDT
It was inevitable. Edmonton Oilers scrapper Mike Brown and Jordin Tootoo of the Detroit Red Wings lined up on a neutral zone faceoff, so, of course, they dropped the gloves immediately as the puck was dropped.
Both guys threw a wild flurry of rights and lefts, and landed some heavy body shots but tired themselves out quickly.
The Red Wings, in case you’re wondering, won Friday’s game against the Oilers 3-2 in overtime.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 5
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 20
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 26
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20