Mar 16, 2013, 5:15 PM EST
Rugged Washington winger Matt Hendricks found himself getting mixed up with many of the Boston Bruins. Throughout the game he was roughing things up with them before dropping the gloves with Nathan Horton in the second period.
With the Caps down in the third period on their way to a 4-1 loss, Hendricks’ pesky play earned him a visit from both Adam McQuaid and Shawn Thornton. Who would you choose to fight? He opted for the former and heard all about it from the Boston faithful upon leaving the ice. CSNWashington.com brings us the video.
“For all they know Hendy had a broken hand and can’t fight. Well, if we would have done that to Seguin with Erksie and Hendy, think they would have let that happen? It’s questionable.”
“We have some big forwards, we have some guys that can play physical if they want to do that,” he said. “But we don’t want to play that kind of game, we don’t want to get involved in their game.”
Hey, maybe these Caps could use some kind of pushback if they’re feeling bullied. Better to show emotion to the opponents rather than the fans.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 9
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 5
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 12
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)