Mar 16, 2013, 5:15 PM EDT
Rugged Washington winger Matt Hendricks found himself getting mixed up with many of the Boston Bruins. Throughout the game he was roughing things up with them before dropping the gloves with Nathan Horton in the second period.
With the Caps down in the third period on their way to a 4-1 loss, Hendricks’ pesky play earned him a visit from both Adam McQuaid and Shawn Thornton. Who would you choose to fight? He opted for the former and heard all about it from the Boston faithful upon leaving the ice. CSNWashington.com brings us the video.
“For all they know Hendy had a broken hand and can’t fight. Well, if we would have done that to Seguin with Erksie and Hendy, think they would have let that happen? It’s questionable.”
“We have some big forwards, we have some guys that can play physical if they want to do that,” he said. “But we don’t want to play that kind of game, we don’t want to get involved in their game.”
Hey, maybe these Caps could use some kind of pushback if they’re feeling bullied. Better to show emotion to the opponents rather than the fans.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 7
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 21
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36