Mar 16, 2013, 5:15 PM EDT
Rugged Washington winger Matt Hendricks found himself getting mixed up with many of the Boston Bruins. Throughout the game he was roughing things up with them before dropping the gloves with Nathan Horton in the second period.
With the Caps down in the third period on their way to a 4-1 loss, Hendricks’ pesky play earned him a visit from both Adam McQuaid and Shawn Thornton. Who would you choose to fight? He opted for the former and heard all about it from the Boston faithful upon leaving the ice. CSNWashington.com brings us the video.
“For all they know Hendy had a broken hand and can’t fight. Well, if we would have done that to Seguin with Erksie and Hendy, think they would have let that happen? It’s questionable.”
“We have some big forwards, we have some guys that can play physical if they want to do that,” he said. “But we don’t want to play that kind of game, we don’t want to get involved in their game.”
Hey, maybe these Caps could use some kind of pushback if they’re feeling bullied. Better to show emotion to the opponents rather than the fans.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)