Mar 16, 2013, 5:15 PM EDT
Rugged Washington winger Matt Hendricks found himself getting mixed up with many of the Boston Bruins. Throughout the game he was roughing things up with them before dropping the gloves with Nathan Horton in the second period.
With the Caps down in the third period on their way to a 4-1 loss, Hendricks’ pesky play earned him a visit from both Adam McQuaid and Shawn Thornton. Who would you choose to fight? He opted for the former and heard all about it from the Boston faithful upon leaving the ice. CSNWashington.com brings us the video.
“For all they know Hendy had a broken hand and can’t fight. Well, if we would have done that to Seguin with Erksie and Hendy, think they would have let that happen? It’s questionable.”
“We have some big forwards, we have some guys that can play physical if they want to do that,” he said. “But we don’t want to play that kind of game, we don’t want to get involved in their game.”
Hey, maybe these Caps could use some kind of pushback if they’re feeling bullied. Better to show emotion to the opponents rather than the fans.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 0
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 7
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)