Mar 16, 2013, 6:00 AM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers needed a win against the New Jersey Devils Friday – they would’ve been “done” otherwise.
It proved to be the winner, as the Flyers edged the Devils 2-1.
The goal didn’t take away from the fact Flyers goalie Ilya Bryzgalov was solid, stopping 27 of 28 shots faced, after “Another disappointing loss” in the first game of this two-game set with the Devils on Wednesday.
“You need to play those tight games and tonight was the step in the right direction. We had to go to the shootout to get those two points but that’s what we have to do,” Flyers forward Simon Gagne told CSN Philadelphia.
“Do your job. The goalie did his job at the end.”
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 0
- Report: Witness subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 24
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 6
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)