Mar 16, 2013, 6:00 AM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers needed a win against the New Jersey Devils Friday – they would’ve been “done” otherwise.
It proved to be the winner, as the Flyers edged the Devils 2-1.
The goal didn’t take away from the fact Flyers goalie Ilya Bryzgalov was solid, stopping 27 of 28 shots faced, after “Another disappointing loss” in the first game of this two-game set with the Devils on Wednesday.
“You need to play those tight games and tonight was the step in the right direction. We had to go to the shootout to get those two points but that’s what we have to do,” Flyers forward Simon Gagne told CSN Philadelphia.
“Do your job. The goalie did his job at the end.”
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)