Mar 16, 2013, 6:00 AM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers needed a win against the New Jersey Devils Friday – they would’ve been “done” otherwise.
It proved to be the winner, as the Flyers edged the Devils 2-1.
The goal didn’t take away from the fact Flyers goalie Ilya Bryzgalov was solid, stopping 27 of 28 shots faced, after “Another disappointing loss” in the first game of this two-game set with the Devils on Wednesday.
“You need to play those tight games and tonight was the step in the right direction. We had to go to the shootout to get those two points but that’s what we have to do,” Flyers forward Simon Gagne told CSN Philadelphia.
“Do your job. The goalie did his job at the end.”
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 12
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 21
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (94)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)