Mar 16, 2013, 6:00 AM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers needed a win against the New Jersey Devils Friday – they would’ve been “done” otherwise.
It proved to be the winner, as the Flyers edged the Devils 2-1.
The goal didn’t take away from the fact Flyers goalie Ilya Bryzgalov was solid, stopping 27 of 28 shots faced, after “Another disappointing loss” in the first game of this two-game set with the Devils on Wednesday.
“You need to play those tight games and tonight was the step in the right direction. We had to go to the shootout to get those two points but that’s what we have to do,” Flyers forward Simon Gagne told CSN Philadelphia.
“Do your job. The goalie did his job at the end.”
- Andre’s gigantic game: Caps push Rangers to the brink 63
- Quick strike: Lightning steal Game 3 from Habs with last-second goal 22
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Canada fights back to beat Sweden at worlds 20
- NHL hockey ops explains no-goal call 48
- Jack Adams Award finalists to be announced tonight 4
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 10
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 15
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 53
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ (67)
- Lundqvist thinks Backstrom’s hit caused Rangers to lose focus before game-winning goal (63)