Mar 16, 2013, 9:08 PM EDT
The 40-year-old could return to practice sometime next week, but there’s still no timetable for his return, according to RDS’ Renaud Lavoie.
He’s been skating by himself since March 12, including on Saturday, but practicing fully would be a significant step in the right direction. Brodeur is currently suffering from a back injury that’s sidelined him since Feb. 21.
Brodeur is 8-2-3 with a .911 save percentage and 2.27 GAA in 2013.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabres in franchise history 15
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17