Mar 16, 2013, 1:52 AM EDT
Nashville Predators goalie Pekka Rinne didn’t hold back.
He was detested his performance in the last two games – pulled after four goals on 12 shots in Vancouver on Thursday and two goals on the first two shots he faced in Calgary on Friday – and let it be known following his team’s 6-3 loss to the Flames.
Rinne, who had two shutouts in three games prior to the Vancouver debacle, was again pulled in Calgary. He lasted just eight minutes.
“It’s embarrassing,” Rinne told NHL.com following the loss.
“I have no excuses. It’s just embarrassing. I have to find a way to help my team and it’s been a tough go the last two games but at the same time, just somehow have to erase these two games.”
The Predators are halfway done this four-game road trip through Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton and Columbus.
In the two games so far, the Predators have allowed a combined 13 goals.
That’s unusual for a team that is ranked eighth in the NHL in goals-against per game.
“I pulled Pekka right off the bat,” Predators head coach Barry Trotz said afterward.
“It wasn’t his fault. It was just they recovered the breakdowns. We’re in the situation where guys are standing alone in front of our net. I’m not going to ask our goaltenders to make those kind of saves.”
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 4
- Five big games to watch this weekend 6
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 32
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 35
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 14
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 52
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)