Mar 16, 2013, 1:52 AM EDT
Nashville Predators goalie Pekka Rinne didn’t hold back.
He was detested his performance in the last two games – pulled after four goals on 12 shots in Vancouver on Thursday and two goals on the first two shots he faced in Calgary on Friday – and let it be known following his team’s 6-3 loss to the Flames.
Rinne, who had two shutouts in three games prior to the Vancouver debacle, was again pulled in Calgary. He lasted just eight minutes.
“It’s embarrassing,” Rinne told NHL.com following the loss.
“I have no excuses. It’s just embarrassing. I have to find a way to help my team and it’s been a tough go the last two games but at the same time, just somehow have to erase these two games.”
The Predators are halfway done this four-game road trip through Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton and Columbus.
In the two games so far, the Predators have allowed a combined 13 goals.
That’s unusual for a team that is ranked eighth in the NHL in goals-against per game.
“I pulled Pekka right off the bat,” Predators head coach Barry Trotz said afterward.
“It wasn’t his fault. It was just they recovered the breakdowns. We’re in the situation where guys are standing alone in front of our net. I’m not going to ask our goaltenders to make those kind of saves.”
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 34
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Capitals 3
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 57
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 25
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 43
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 29
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (80)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)