Mar 16, 2013, 1:52 AM EDT
Nashville Predators goalie Pekka Rinne didn’t hold back.
He was detested his performance in the last two games – pulled after four goals on 12 shots in Vancouver on Thursday and two goals on the first two shots he faced in Calgary on Friday – and let it be known following his team’s 6-3 loss to the Flames.
Rinne, who had two shutouts in three games prior to the Vancouver debacle, was again pulled in Calgary. He lasted just eight minutes.
“It’s embarrassing,” Rinne told NHL.com following the loss.
“I have no excuses. It’s just embarrassing. I have to find a way to help my team and it’s been a tough go the last two games but at the same time, just somehow have to erase these two games.”
The Predators are halfway done this four-game road trip through Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton and Columbus.
In the two games so far, the Predators have allowed a combined 13 goals.
That’s unusual for a team that is ranked eighth in the NHL in goals-against per game.
“I pulled Pekka right off the bat,” Predators head coach Barry Trotz said afterward.
“It wasn’t his fault. It was just they recovered the breakdowns. We’re in the situation where guys are standing alone in front of our net. I’m not going to ask our goaltenders to make those kind of saves.”
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 0
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 10
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 21
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 11
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 67
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 5
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 23
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins third straight pole in Monaco
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination