Mar 16, 2013, 11:43 AM EDT
Times are tough for the Tampa Bay Lightning of late. Over their last 10 games, they’re just 2-8-0 and when it seems more games than not are worth three points, coming up with just four points in 10 games is bad news.
The Lightning are seven points back of Winnipeg for eighth place in the Eastern Conference and eight points behind Southeast Division leading Carolina. As Steven Stamkos tells Erik Erlendsson of The Tampa Tribune, their game tonight against the Hurricanes is a virtual must-win game.
“We are not in a position to think otherwise right now; we have to get points and that’s the only way we are going to give ourselves a chance to climb back into the race,” center Steven Stamkos said.
“It’s tough and it’s frustrating, but there are no other options. We have to find ways to win games, at least get a point in games where things are not going as well as you want.”
Tampa Bay has 21 games left in the season and while that sounds like a lot of time to make up ground, there are those pesky three-point games to contend with from everyone else ahead of them. It’s make it or break it time now.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)