Mar 16, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues nearly won the Presidents Trophy last season despite a host of injuries. They’re starting to see key players come in and out of the lineup again in 2013, as forward T.J. Oshie was placed on the IR on Saturday.
The move is retroactive to March 12’s game against the San Jose Sharks when Oshie, 26, was hurt in the second period. It sounds like he’s dealing with a rib injury, although it’s officially listed as an upper-body ailment.
Blues head coach Ken Hitchcock provides a little good news and bad news regarding the intriguing forward.
“He’s just skating,” Hitchcock said. “He’s a little bit better obviously being able to skate, but he’s nowhere near ready to play yet.”
On the bright side, the Blues recently got Alexander Steen back from a shoulder injury.
It’s rare that St. Louis gets to roll with its full lineup at 100 percent, but at least the Blues are getting used to it.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 0
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 0
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (46)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)