Mar 16, 2013, 6:11 PM EST
Much of the hockey world delighted in James Duthie’s video that lampooned the “animosity” between Vancouver Canucks goalies Roberto Luongo and Cory Schneider.
In fact, even head coach Alain Vigneault told the Vancouver Sun that it was funny.
“Give them both full marks,” Vigneault said. “This is a game, it is supposed to be fun. There are different situations within a team that sometimes can be challenging depending on your attitude and how you look at it. They made that a real neat thing. Give them both credit. They are great people, they get along real well and I think that probably proved it to everybody.”
Here it is, if by some chance you haven’t seen it yet:
Schneider, 26, believes it allowed fans to connect with the two netminders on a more personal level.
“Sometimes it’s tough to showcase your personality and what you really feel and how you are and that’s a good thing for fans to see,” he said. “We’re pretty light-hearted, we’re pretty laid back and we like to have fun. You can’t play this game without having fun and I think people enjoy that. We have got a lot of good feedback.”
Fans have already gotten a taste of Luongo’s sense of humor through the 33-year-old’s (barely) unofficial Twitter page. Still, he admits that the video is the gift that keeps giving.
“I have watched it a few times and even when you know what’s going on it’s pretty funny to see when it’s all put together,” Luongo said. “And the out-takes are pretty funny, too.”
It might be a sad day when that “comedy team” gets broken up. It appears Luongo will be around at least a bit longer, however, as he’s temporarily wrestled away the No. 1 spot and looks to redeem himself against the Detroit Red Wings on Saturday.
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 34
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 49
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)