Mar 16, 2013, 9:41 AM EDT
It’s time for the Los Angeles Kings to pay their visit to the White House and after Tim Thomas‘ high-profile spurning of the trip last season, of course people are going to find out what some of the guys think of meeting the most powerful man in the free world. Coach Darryl Sutter already has a topic he wants to discuss with President Barack Obama however.
Sutter told reporters, as Lisa Dillman of the Los Angeles Times shares, that he wants to talk oil.
That’s referring to a proposed project that would link Canada and the United States together by sending oil being drilled in the Alberta tar sands to refineries in Texas and Nebraska. The President is against approving the project for a host of reasons. Canada is all for going ahead with it.
Whatever happened to just talking sports and silly stuff with the President?
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 14
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 23
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15