Mar 16, 2013, 1:01 PM EST
You’ll have to forgive Adam Hall if he feels a bit awkward for tonight’s game in Tampa Bay.
Hall was claimed off waivers by the Carolina Hurricanes and could make his debut with them against his now former team. With the Lightning, Hall had just four assists in 20 games along with 23 penalty minutes. He’s an experienced third or fourth line forward and Carolina GM Jim Rutherford likes what he sees in him.
“Adam gives us an added penalty killer,” said Rutherford. “He plays the wing, but can also play center and is a very good face-off man.”
If the Hurricanes wanted to have at least one really motivated guy in the lineup to try and keep Tampa’s run of misery going, they’ve got their man in Hall.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 52
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 69
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (142)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)