Mar 16, 2013, 1:01 PM EDT
You’ll have to forgive Adam Hall if he feels a bit awkward for tonight’s game in Tampa Bay.
Hall was claimed off waivers by the Carolina Hurricanes and could make his debut with them against his now former team. With the Lightning, Hall had just four assists in 20 games along with 23 penalty minutes. He’s an experienced third or fourth line forward and Carolina GM Jim Rutherford likes what he sees in him.
“Adam gives us an added penalty killer,” said Rutherford. “He plays the wing, but can also play center and is a very good face-off man.”
If the Hurricanes wanted to have at least one really motivated guy in the lineup to try and keep Tampa’s run of misery going, they’ve got their man in Hall.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 38
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)