Mar 16, 2013, 1:01 PM EDT
You’ll have to forgive Adam Hall if he feels a bit awkward for tonight’s game in Tampa Bay.
Hall was claimed off waivers by the Carolina Hurricanes and could make his debut with them against his now former team. With the Lightning, Hall had just four assists in 20 games along with 23 penalty minutes. He’s an experienced third or fourth line forward and Carolina GM Jim Rutherford likes what he sees in him.
“Adam gives us an added penalty killer,” said Rutherford. “He plays the wing, but can also play center and is a very good face-off man.”
If the Hurricanes wanted to have at least one really motivated guy in the lineup to try and keep Tampa’s run of misery going, they’ve got their man in Hall.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)