Mar 16, 2013, 1:01 PM EDT
You’ll have to forgive Adam Hall if he feels a bit awkward for tonight’s game in Tampa Bay.
Hall was claimed off waivers by the Carolina Hurricanes and could make his debut with them against his now former team. With the Lightning, Hall had just four assists in 20 games along with 23 penalty minutes. He’s an experienced third or fourth line forward and Carolina GM Jim Rutherford likes what he sees in him.
“Adam gives us an added penalty killer,” said Rutherford. “He plays the wing, but can also play center and is a very good face-off man.”
If the Hurricanes wanted to have at least one really motivated guy in the lineup to try and keep Tampa’s run of misery going, they’ve got their man in Hall.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 6
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 15
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 25
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)