Mar 16, 2013, 1:01 PM EST
You’ll have to forgive Adam Hall if he feels a bit awkward for tonight’s game in Tampa Bay.
Hall was claimed off waivers by the Carolina Hurricanes and could make his debut with them against his now former team. With the Lightning, Hall had just four assists in 20 games along with 23 penalty minutes. He’s an experienced third or fourth line forward and Carolina GM Jim Rutherford likes what he sees in him.
“Adam gives us an added penalty killer,” said Rutherford. “He plays the wing, but can also play center and is a very good face-off man.”
If the Hurricanes wanted to have at least one really motivated guy in the lineup to try and keep Tampa’s run of misery going, they’ve got their man in Hall.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5