Mar 16, 2013, 7:51 PM EDT
While Vladimir Tarasenko expects to return from his concussion issues and Alexander Steen recently recovered from a shoulder injury, the St. Louis Blues will be without key cogs Alex Pietrangelo and T.J. Oshie against the Anaheim Ducks on Saturday.
Pietrangelo, 23, has generally been a sturdy blueliner for the Blues. He’s played in all 27 of the team’s games in 2013 and all but one regular season game in 2011-12. His absence was pronounced in the playoffs, however, as the team clearly struggled that much more against the Los Angeles Kings with him on the shelf/not quite 100 percent.
The defenseman many believe will be a future Norris Trophy winner has 18 points (five goals and 13 assists) so far this season.
- WATCH LIVE: Kings at Blackhawks 0
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 1
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7