Mar 16, 2013, 7:51 PM EDT
While Vladimir Tarasenko expects to return from his concussion issues and Alexander Steen recently recovered from a shoulder injury, the St. Louis Blues will be without key cogs Alex Pietrangelo and T.J. Oshie against the Anaheim Ducks on Saturday.
Pietrangelo, 23, has generally been a sturdy blueliner for the Blues. He’s played in all 27 of the team’s games in 2013 and all but one regular season game in 2011-12. His absence was pronounced in the playoffs, however, as the team clearly struggled that much more against the Los Angeles Kings with him on the shelf/not quite 100 percent.
The defenseman many believe will be a future Norris Trophy winner has 18 points (five goals and 13 assists) so far this season.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 1
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)