Mar 16, 2013, 7:51 PM EDT
While Vladimir Tarasenko expects to return from his concussion issues and Alexander Steen recently recovered from a shoulder injury, the St. Louis Blues will be without key cogs Alex Pietrangelo and T.J. Oshie against the Anaheim Ducks on Saturday.
Pietrangelo, 23, has generally been a sturdy blueliner for the Blues. He’s played in all 27 of the team’s games in 2013 and all but one regular season game in 2011-12. His absence was pronounced in the playoffs, however, as the team clearly struggled that much more against the Los Angeles Kings with him on the shelf/not quite 100 percent.
The defenseman many believe will be a future Norris Trophy winner has 18 points (five goals and 13 assists) so far this season.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 9
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 5
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 27
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 76
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)