Mar 16, 2013, 7:51 PM EDT
While Vladimir Tarasenko expects to return from his concussion issues and Alexander Steen recently recovered from a shoulder injury, the St. Louis Blues will be without key cogs Alex Pietrangelo and T.J. Oshie against the Anaheim Ducks on Saturday.
Pietrangelo, 23, has generally been a sturdy blueliner for the Blues. He’s played in all 27 of the team’s games in 2013 and all but one regular season game in 2011-12. His absence was pronounced in the playoffs, however, as the team clearly struggled that much more against the Los Angeles Kings with him on the shelf/not quite 100 percent.
The defenseman many believe will be a future Norris Trophy winner has 18 points (five goals and 13 assists) so far this season.
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 13
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 28
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 8
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42