Mar 16, 2013, 12:09 AM EDT
Columbus was supposed to hold the 2013 NHL All-Star Weekend, but the lockout cancelled that.
Now, Columbus Mayor Michael B. Coleman is curious as to when the NHL will bring the extravaganza to the Nationwide Arena.
Coleman wrote a letter to NHL commissioner Gary Bettman earlier this month, and Bettman has responded.
I got a very nice letter from the mayor of Columbus, which I’ve responded to,” Bettman told the Puck-Rakers Blog of The Columbus Dispatch.
“Because we don’t know about Olympic participation (in 2014) yet, and as I think you all know in an Olympic year we don’t have an All-Star game, we’ve got a whole host of factors that we have to look at. We know we owe Columbus a game, but we’re not yet in a position to say what the timeline is.
“My hope is in the next couple of months, as our long-term calendar becomes a bit clearer, we’ll be able to address that more specifically.”
The Puck-Rakers blog also published a copy of Bettman’s letter to the Columbus mayor.
In the meantime, the Columbus Blue Jackets have suddenly began to surge.
Their five-game winning streak may have ended earlier this week against Vancouver, but the Blue Jackets are doing their best Chicago Blackhawks impersonation, securing at least a point in each of their last nine games.
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 7
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 31
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 25
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 8
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)