Mar 16, 2013, 12:09 AM EST
Columbus was supposed to hold the 2013 NHL All-Star Weekend, but the lockout cancelled that.
Now, Columbus Mayor Michael B. Coleman is curious as to when the NHL will bring the extravaganza to the Nationwide Arena.
Coleman wrote a letter to NHL commissioner Gary Bettman earlier this month, and Bettman has responded.
I got a very nice letter from the mayor of Columbus, which I’ve responded to,” Bettman told the Puck-Rakers Blog of The Columbus Dispatch.
“Because we don’t know about Olympic participation (in 2014) yet, and as I think you all know in an Olympic year we don’t have an All-Star game, we’ve got a whole host of factors that we have to look at. We know we owe Columbus a game, but we’re not yet in a position to say what the timeline is.
“My hope is in the next couple of months, as our long-term calendar becomes a bit clearer, we’ll be able to address that more specifically.”
The Puck-Rakers blog also published a copy of Bettman’s letter to the Columbus mayor.
In the meantime, the Columbus Blue Jackets have suddenly began to surge.
Their five-game winning streak may have ended earlier this week against Vancouver, but the Blue Jackets are doing their best Chicago Blackhawks impersonation, securing at least a point in each of their last nine games.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 2
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 6
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 10
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 17
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)