Mar 15, 2013, 11:19 PM EDT
Philadelphia Flyers forward Brayden Schenn was assessed a minor penalty for charging after a ferocious body check on New Jersey Devils defenseman Peter Harrold Friday night, but could he be looking at further discipline?
The hit took place below the New Jersey goal line with less than two minutes remaining in the third period of the Flyers 2-1 shootout victory. From some angles on the replay, it’s hard to determine exactly where the principal point of contact is.
Due to that earlier ban, Schenn’s hit on Harrold “will draw attention of NHL’s Safety Dept.” Darren Dreger of TSN tweeted.
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 5
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 10
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 8
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)