Mar 15, 2013, 11:19 PM EST
Philadelphia Flyers forward Brayden Schenn was assessed a minor penalty for charging after a ferocious body check on New Jersey Devils defenseman Peter Harrold Friday night, but could he be looking at further discipline?
The hit took place below the New Jersey goal line with less than two minutes remaining in the third period of the Flyers 2-1 shootout victory. From some angles on the replay, it’s hard to determine exactly where the principal point of contact is.
Due to that earlier ban, Schenn’s hit on Harrold “will draw attention of NHL’s Safety Dept.” Darren Dreger of TSN tweeted.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 22
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)