Mar 15, 2013, 11:19 PM EDT
Philadelphia Flyers forward Brayden Schenn was assessed a minor penalty for charging after a ferocious body check on New Jersey Devils defenseman Peter Harrold Friday night, but could he be looking at further discipline?
The hit took place below the New Jersey goal line with less than two minutes remaining in the third period of the Flyers 2-1 shootout victory. From some angles on the replay, it’s hard to determine exactly where the principal point of contact is.
Due to that earlier ban, Schenn’s hit on Harrold “will draw attention of NHL’s Safety Dept.” Darren Dreger of TSN tweeted.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)