Mar 15, 2013, 11:19 PM EST
Philadelphia Flyers forward Brayden Schenn was assessed a minor penalty for charging after a ferocious body check on New Jersey Devils defenseman Peter Harrold Friday night, but could he be looking at further discipline?
The hit took place below the New Jersey goal line with less than two minutes remaining in the third period of the Flyers 2-1 shootout victory. From some angles on the replay, it’s hard to determine exactly where the principal point of contact is.
Due to that earlier ban, Schenn’s hit on Harrold “will draw attention of NHL’s Safety Dept.” Darren Dreger of TSN tweeted.
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 9
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 0
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 44
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31