Mar 15, 2013, 11:19 PM EST
Philadelphia Flyers forward Brayden Schenn was assessed a minor penalty for charging after a ferocious body check on New Jersey Devils defenseman Peter Harrold Friday night, but could he be looking at further discipline?
The hit took place below the New Jersey goal line with less than two minutes remaining in the third period of the Flyers 2-1 shootout victory. From some angles on the replay, it’s hard to determine exactly where the principal point of contact is.
Due to that earlier ban, Schenn’s hit on Harrold “will draw attention of NHL’s Safety Dept.” Darren Dreger of TSN tweeted.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 2
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)