Mar 15, 2013, 8:15 PM EST
It’s not the blockbuster deal many Sabres fans have been calling for, but it’s…a deal.
Buffalo has traded defenseman TJ Brennan to Florida for a fifth-round pick (originally belonging to the Kings) in the 2013 draft.
“T.J. is a young and mobile defenseman with a hard shot, who we are pleased to have acquired,” said Panthers general manager Dale Tallon in a release. “He is a hard working player with an offensive upside, who has averaged almost a point-per-game in the American Hockey League this season. We look forward to his contributions to our organization.”
Brennan, 23, was drafted 31st overall by the Sabres in 2007. He has two goals and no assists in 21 career NHL games.
As Tallon noted, Brennan has been a productive AHL player, as evidenced by his 35 points in 36 games with Rochester this season.
Brennan also played under Panthers head coach Kevin Dineen for two seasons with the Portland Pirates.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)