Mar 15, 2013, 2:49 PM EDT
Streit is a pending unrestricted free agent, and his name has been mentioned in trade speculation as the April 3 deadline approaches. But staying put seems to be his first choice.
“Everyone knows I like it here,” he told ESPNNewYork.com last week. “The locker room is great, the living on Long Island, so we’ll see.”
At 35 years old, Streit remains a big part of the Isles’ blue line. He’s averaging 25:02 of ice time and has 14 points in 27 games.
His current contract, a five-year deal, has an annual salary of $4.1 million.
It should be noted that this is not the first report of contract talks between Streit and the club. There was a similar report a month ago, and still nothing has been signed.
The Isles (12-12-3) have won four of six and sit three points out of a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. Their next game is Saturday at Florida.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5