Mar 15, 2013, 2:49 PM EDT
Streit is a pending unrestricted free agent, and his name has been mentioned in trade speculation as the April 3 deadline approaches. But staying put seems to be his first choice.
“Everyone knows I like it here,” he told ESPNNewYork.com last week. “The locker room is great, the living on Long Island, so we’ll see.”
At 35 years old, Streit remains a big part of the Isles’ blue line. He’s averaging 25:02 of ice time and has 14 points in 27 games.
His current contract, a five-year deal, has an annual salary of $4.1 million.
It should be noted that this is not the first report of contract talks between Streit and the club. There was a similar report a month ago, and still nothing has been signed.
The Isles (12-12-3) have won four of six and sit three points out of a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. Their next game is Saturday at Florida.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)