Mar 15, 2013, 6:04 PM EDT
Chris Kelly doesn’t know when he’ll back in the Bruins’ line-up after breaking his left tibia (shinbone) on Monday, but he’s trying to stay positive about his chances of playing “sooner rather than later” — possibly even by the end of the regular season.
“I’m just trying to get it better,” Kelly said, per CSNNE.com. “There’s no real time-frame. I just come here and work hard, and let the doctors and training staff do their job.
“I just want to make sure I don’t lose any strength in my leg. You just have to let it heal and hope for the best. It’s one of those things where time will let it heal on its own.”
The 32-year-old center suffered the injury in a leg-on-leg collision with Ottawa forward (and Kelly’s good friend) Chris Neil.
Kelly called the collision a “hockey play” gone wrong and says Neil “has reached out a few times and he feels pretty badly.”
“I don’t think it was malicious by any means,” said Kelly.
- Five big games to watch this weekend 1
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 28
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 34
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 14
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 51
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 16
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)