Mar 15, 2013, 6:04 PM EDT
Chris Kelly doesn’t know when he’ll back in the Bruins’ line-up after breaking his left tibia (shinbone) on Monday, but he’s trying to stay positive about his chances of playing “sooner rather than later” — possibly even by the end of the regular season.
“I’m just trying to get it better,” Kelly said, per CSNNE.com. “There’s no real time-frame. I just come here and work hard, and let the doctors and training staff do their job.
“I just want to make sure I don’t lose any strength in my leg. You just have to let it heal and hope for the best. It’s one of those things where time will let it heal on its own.”
The 32-year-old center suffered the injury in a leg-on-leg collision with Ottawa forward (and Kelly’s good friend) Chris Neil.
Kelly called the collision a “hockey play” gone wrong and says Neil “has reached out a few times and he feels pretty badly.”
“I don’t think it was malicious by any means,” said Kelly.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 53
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 32
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 28
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 16
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 2
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 53
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 29
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)