Mar 15, 2013, 8:40 PM EST
It wasn’t Roberto Luongo‘s best performance, but last night’s 7-4 victory over the Predators was good enough to earn the Canucks’ goalie another start tomorrow at home versus the Red Wings.
That’s notable, since the last time Luongo faced Detroit, on Feb. 24 at Joe Louis Arena, he was beaten for eight goals on 28 shots. The next day, he joked on Twitter about the less-than-impressive outing.
All jokes aside, it’s no surprise he’s eager to redeem himself.
“It’s a good chance for myself and the team to get back at it and erase what was a pretty painful game,” Luongo said. “It doesn’t really matter that it’s Detroit. At the end of the day you want to play well and you want to win. But at the same time it’s a game that is fresh in our memory and it might give us some extra jump.”
The start will be Luongo’s third straight, meaning Cory Schneider will have at least a week off between starts.
Of course, as we learned last night, there’s no goaltending controversy in Vancouver.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 2
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 7
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 10
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 17
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)