Mar 15, 2013, 8:40 PM EDT
It wasn’t Roberto Luongo‘s best performance, but last night’s 7-4 victory over the Predators was good enough to earn the Canucks’ goalie another start tomorrow at home versus the Red Wings.
That’s notable, since the last time Luongo faced Detroit, on Feb. 24 at Joe Louis Arena, he was beaten for eight goals on 28 shots. The next day, he joked on Twitter about the less-than-impressive outing.
All jokes aside, it’s no surprise he’s eager to redeem himself.
“It’s a good chance for myself and the team to get back at it and erase what was a pretty painful game,” Luongo said. “It doesn’t really matter that it’s Detroit. At the end of the day you want to play well and you want to win. But at the same time it’s a game that is fresh in our memory and it might give us some extra jump.”
The start will be Luongo’s third straight, meaning Cory Schneider will have at least a week off between starts.
Of course, as we learned last night, there’s no goaltending controversy in Vancouver.
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 6
- WATCH LIVE: Washington Capitals at Pittsburgh Penguins 2
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 13
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 54
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (68)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)