Mar 15, 2013, 8:40 PM EDT
It wasn’t Roberto Luongo‘s best performance, but last night’s 7-4 victory over the Predators was good enough to earn the Canucks’ goalie another start tomorrow at home versus the Red Wings.
That’s notable, since the last time Luongo faced Detroit, on Feb. 24 at Joe Louis Arena, he was beaten for eight goals on 28 shots. The next day, he joked on Twitter about the less-than-impressive outing.
All jokes aside, it’s no surprise he’s eager to redeem himself.
“It’s a good chance for myself and the team to get back at it and erase what was a pretty painful game,” Luongo said. “It doesn’t really matter that it’s Detroit. At the end of the day you want to play well and you want to win. But at the same time it’s a game that is fresh in our memory and it might give us some extra jump.”
The start will be Luongo’s third straight, meaning Cory Schneider will have at least a week off between starts.
Of course, as we learned last night, there’s no goaltending controversy in Vancouver.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)