Mar 15, 2013, 8:40 PM EDT
It wasn’t Roberto Luongo‘s best performance, but last night’s 7-4 victory over the Predators was good enough to earn the Canucks’ goalie another start tomorrow at home versus the Red Wings.
That’s notable, since the last time Luongo faced Detroit, on Feb. 24 at Joe Louis Arena, he was beaten for eight goals on 28 shots. The next day, he joked on Twitter about the less-than-impressive outing.
All jokes aside, it’s no surprise he’s eager to redeem himself.
“It’s a good chance for myself and the team to get back at it and erase what was a pretty painful game,” Luongo said. “It doesn’t really matter that it’s Detroit. At the end of the day you want to play well and you want to win. But at the same time it’s a game that is fresh in our memory and it might give us some extra jump.”
The start will be Luongo’s third straight, meaning Cory Schneider will have at least a week off between starts.
Of course, as we learned last night, there’s no goaltending controversy in Vancouver.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 12
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 78
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)