Mar 15, 2013, 8:40 PM EDT
It wasn’t Roberto Luongo‘s best performance, but last night’s 7-4 victory over the Predators was good enough to earn the Canucks’ goalie another start tomorrow at home versus the Red Wings.
That’s notable, since the last time Luongo faced Detroit, on Feb. 24 at Joe Louis Arena, he was beaten for eight goals on 28 shots. The next day, he joked on Twitter about the less-than-impressive outing.
All jokes aside, it’s no surprise he’s eager to redeem himself.
“It’s a good chance for myself and the team to get back at it and erase what was a pretty painful game,” Luongo said. “It doesn’t really matter that it’s Detroit. At the end of the day you want to play well and you want to win. But at the same time it’s a game that is fresh in our memory and it might give us some extra jump.”
The start will be Luongo’s third straight, meaning Cory Schneider will have at least a week off between starts.
Of course, as we learned last night, there’s no goaltending controversy in Vancouver.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 15
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)