Mar 15, 2013, 6:56 PM EST
A four-game losing streak may be giving Leafs fans an uneasy sense of déjà vu, but Toronto players insist what happened last season has no bearing on the present.
At least, not in a negative way.
“We’re mentally stronger because we’re a year older and went through some of this last year,” said Lupul.
The Leafs started 2011-12 well, compiling a 28-19-6 record after 43 games. However, a 7-18-4 finish left them out of the playoffs for the seventh straight season.
Toronto (15-12-1) is currently seventh in the Eastern Conference, three points ahead of the ninth-place Rangers (13-11-2), who have two games in hand.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 45
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 72
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 20
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 74
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (72)