Mar 15, 2013, 6:56 PM EDT
A four-game losing streak may be giving Leafs fans an uneasy sense of déjà vu, but Toronto players insist what happened last season has no bearing on the present.
At least, not in a negative way.
“We’re mentally stronger because we’re a year older and went through some of this last year,” said Lupul.
The Leafs started 2011-12 well, compiling a 28-19-6 record after 43 games. However, a 7-18-4 finish left them out of the playoffs for the seventh straight season.
Toronto (15-12-1) is currently seventh in the Eastern Conference, three points ahead of the ninth-place Rangers (13-11-2), who have two games in hand.
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 12
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 16
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 77
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 17
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (77)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)