Mar 15, 2013, 6:21 PM EST
According to Newsday’s Arthur Staple, it’s a one-way deal that will pay McDonald $600,000 next season and $675,000 in 2014-15.
McDonald was a pending unrestricted free agent. The 28-year-old has managed four goals and six assists in 24 games despite averaging just 10:21 of ice time.
McDonald was drafted 51st overall by Edmonton in 2003 and has spent most of his pro career in the AHL.
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 0
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 22
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24