Mar 15, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
In its 42nd and final season, the Central Collegiate Hockey Association has announced it’s All-Time team, celebrating the 12 greatest players in the history of the conference.
Highlighting the First Team is current Washington Capitals GM George McPhee, a former Bowling Green standout that made history in 1982 by becoming the CCHA’s first Hobey Baker winner.
He, along with fellow first-teamers Ryan Miller, Kip Miller and Brendan Morrison, are the CCHA’s four Hobey Baker winners to earn this honor.
Of note, three CCHA Hobey winners failed to make the cut — Brian Holzinger (Bowling Green), Kevin Porter (Michigan) and Andy Miele (Miami OH).
The CCHA Second Team is highlighted by another former Bowling Green standout, Nelson Emerson, who remains the CCHA’s all-time leading scorer (294 points), a mark that’s been intact since 1990.
Emerson is joined by another ex-Bowling Green man, Ken Morrow, who won both an Olympic gold medal (in 1980) and four Stanley Cups with the New York Islanders (1980-83)
Here are the full All-Time Team rosters:
As mentioned above, the CCHA will cease to exist at the end of this year. The creation of the Big Ten Conference’s men’s ice hockey circuit and schools moving to the WCHA played a part in the league’s demise.
(Image courtesy MSU Athletics)
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)