Mar 15, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
In its 42nd and final season, the Central Collegiate Hockey Association has announced it’s All-Time team, celebrating the 12 greatest players in the history of the conference.
Highlighting the First Team is current Washington Capitals GM George McPhee, a former Bowling Green standout that made history in 1982 by becoming the CCHA’s first Hobey Baker winner.
He, along with fellow first-teamers Ryan Miller, Kip Miller and Brendan Morrison, are the CCHA’s four Hobey Baker winners to earn this honor.
Of note, three CCHA Hobey winners failed to make the cut — Brian Holzinger (Bowling Green), Kevin Porter (Michigan) and Andy Miele (Miami OH).
The CCHA Second Team is highlighted by another former Bowling Green standout, Nelson Emerson, who remains the CCHA’s all-time leading scorer (294 points), a mark that’s been intact since 1990.
Emerson is joined by another ex-Bowling Green man, Ken Morrow, who won both an Olympic gold medal (in 1980) and four Stanley Cups with the New York Islanders (1980-83)
Here are the full All-Time Team rosters:
As mentioned above, the CCHA will cease to exist at the end of this year. The creation of the Big Ten Conference’s men’s ice hockey circuit and schools moving to the WCHA played a part in the league’s demise.
(Image courtesy MSU Athletics)
- Video: Boston quickly erases Chicago’s late lead 0
- Video: Bruins, Hawks combine for five goals in 11 minutes during wild second period 5
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 61
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 24
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming