Mar 15, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
In its 42nd and final season, the Central Collegiate Hockey Association has announced it’s All-Time team, celebrating the 12 greatest players in the history of the conference.
Highlighting the First Team is current Washington Capitals GM George McPhee, a former Bowling Green standout that made history in 1982 by becoming the CCHA’s first Hobey Baker winner.
He, along with fellow first-teamers Ryan Miller, Kip Miller and Brendan Morrison, are the CCHA’s four Hobey Baker winners to earn this honor.
Of note, three CCHA Hobey winners failed to make the cut — Brian Holzinger (Bowling Green), Kevin Porter (Michigan) and Andy Miele (Miami OH).
The CCHA Second Team is highlighted by another former Bowling Green standout, Nelson Emerson, who remains the CCHA’s all-time leading scorer (294 points), a mark that’s been intact since 1990.
Emerson is joined by another ex-Bowling Green man, Ken Morrow, who won both an Olympic gold medal (in 1980) and four Stanley Cups with the New York Islanders (1980-83)
Here are the full All-Time Team rosters:
As mentioned above, the CCHA will cease to exist at the end of this year. The creation of the Big Ten Conference’s men’s ice hockey circuit and schools moving to the WCHA played a part in the league’s demise.
(Image courtesy MSU Athletics)
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)