Mar 15, 2013, 10:50 AM EDT
Tyler Ennis returned to Sabres practice on Thursday — his first since being hammered by Philadelphia’s Wayne Simmonds on Sunday night — and shared his thoughts on the hit that knocked him out of action.
“It was not the best play by him. I wish he got suspended or fined or something,” Ennis told the Olean Times Herald. “I wasn’t happy with it. I’m not happy that he didn’t.”
Here’s the hit in question, in case you missed it:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Ennis left the game, didn’t return and was held out of Tuesday’s tilt against the Rangers with a head injury.
Simmonds, meanwhile, didn’t receive a penalty for the check, but did receive a five minute major for fighting Sabres defenseman Mike Weber in response.
Ennis received stitches to his head and was wearing a non-contact jersey in practice but, according to Buffalo head coach Ron Rolston, is a “strong possibility” to return to the lineup Saturday when the Sabres take on the Senators.
Just don’t expect Ennis to forget the Simmonds hit anytime soon.
“I had a problem with that one,” he said. “I feel like he was on my numbers the whole time. I feel like he kind of launched into me.
“I thought it was dirty.”
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 0
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 10
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 16
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 25
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)