Mar 15, 2013, 10:50 AM EDT
Tyler Ennis returned to Sabres practice on Thursday — his first since being hammered by Philadelphia’s Wayne Simmonds on Sunday night — and shared his thoughts on the hit that knocked him out of action.
“It was not the best play by him. I wish he got suspended or fined or something,” Ennis told the Olean Times Herald. “I wasn’t happy with it. I’m not happy that he didn’t.”
Here’s the hit in question, in case you missed it:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Ennis left the game, didn’t return and was held out of Tuesday’s tilt against the Rangers with a head injury.
Simmonds, meanwhile, didn’t receive a penalty for the check, but did receive a five minute major for fighting Sabres defenseman Mike Weber in response.
Ennis received stitches to his head and was wearing a non-contact jersey in practice but, according to Buffalo head coach Ron Rolston, is a “strong possibility” to return to the lineup Saturday when the Sabres take on the Senators.
Just don’t expect Ennis to forget the Simmonds hit anytime soon.
“I had a problem with that one,” he said. “I feel like he was on my numbers the whole time. I feel like he kind of launched into me.
“I thought it was dirty.”
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 3
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)