Mar 15, 2013, 10:50 AM EDT
Tyler Ennis returned to Sabres practice on Thursday — his first since being hammered by Philadelphia’s Wayne Simmonds on Sunday night — and shared his thoughts on the hit that knocked him out of action.
“It was not the best play by him. I wish he got suspended or fined or something,” Ennis told the Olean Times Herald. “I wasn’t happy with it. I’m not happy that he didn’t.”
Here’s the hit in question, in case you missed it:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Ennis left the game, didn’t return and was held out of Tuesday’s tilt against the Rangers with a head injury.
Simmonds, meanwhile, didn’t receive a penalty for the check, but did receive a five minute major for fighting Sabres defenseman Mike Weber in response.
Ennis received stitches to his head and was wearing a non-contact jersey in practice but, according to Buffalo head coach Ron Rolston, is a “strong possibility” to return to the lineup Saturday when the Sabres take on the Senators.
Just don’t expect Ennis to forget the Simmonds hit anytime soon.
“I had a problem with that one,” he said. “I feel like he was on my numbers the whole time. I feel like he kind of launched into me.
“I thought it was dirty.”
- Tortorella calls meltdown ‘a kick in the teeth’ 0
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 7
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 35
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)