Mar 15, 2013, 10:50 AM EDT
Tyler Ennis returned to Sabres practice on Thursday — his first since being hammered by Philadelphia’s Wayne Simmonds on Sunday night — and shared his thoughts on the hit that knocked him out of action.
“It was not the best play by him. I wish he got suspended or fined or something,” Ennis told the Olean Times Herald. “I wasn’t happy with it. I’m not happy that he didn’t.”
Here’s the hit in question, in case you missed it:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Ennis left the game, didn’t return and was held out of Tuesday’s tilt against the Rangers with a head injury.
Simmonds, meanwhile, didn’t receive a penalty for the check, but did receive a five minute major for fighting Sabres defenseman Mike Weber in response.
Ennis received stitches to his head and was wearing a non-contact jersey in practice but, according to Buffalo head coach Ron Rolston, is a “strong possibility” to return to the lineup Saturday when the Sabres take on the Senators.
Just don’t expect Ennis to forget the Simmonds hit anytime soon.
“I had a problem with that one,” he said. “I feel like he was on my numbers the whole time. I feel like he kind of launched into me.
“I thought it was dirty.”
- Habs sign Petry to a six-year, $33 million extension 17
- ‘Home-grown talent’ a staple of Blackhawks and Lightning 4
- A holdover from the ‘dark days,’ does Sharp have a future in Chicago? 51
- Bishop: ‘Taller guys…can be just as athletic as the smaller guys’ 6
- Tire pump? Yzerman says Toews is ‘bigger, stronger, better’ than he was 21
- Devils officially announce John Hynes, becomes youngest NHL coach 9
- PHT arrives in Tampa, gets soaked (oh, and today is Media Day) 6
- Ex-Leafs goalie Pogge eyeing North American return 5
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? 86
- Zuccarello (brain contusion, skull fracture) was unable to speak after injury 28
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years (95)
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? (87)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- Is it fair to hold cap teams to old dynasty standards? (74)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (65)