Mar 15, 2013, 10:50 AM EDT
Tyler Ennis returned to Sabres practice on Thursday — his first since being hammered by Philadelphia’s Wayne Simmonds on Sunday night — and shared his thoughts on the hit that knocked him out of action.
“It was not the best play by him. I wish he got suspended or fined or something,” Ennis told the Olean Times Herald. “I wasn’t happy with it. I’m not happy that he didn’t.”
Here’s the hit in question, in case you missed it:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Ennis left the game, didn’t return and was held out of Tuesday’s tilt against the Rangers with a head injury.
Simmonds, meanwhile, didn’t receive a penalty for the check, but did receive a five minute major for fighting Sabres defenseman Mike Weber in response.
Ennis received stitches to his head and was wearing a non-contact jersey in practice but, according to Buffalo head coach Ron Rolston, is a “strong possibility” to return to the lineup Saturday when the Sabres take on the Senators.
Just don’t expect Ennis to forget the Simmonds hit anytime soon.
“I had a problem with that one,” he said. “I feel like he was on my numbers the whole time. I feel like he kind of launched into me.
“I thought it was dirty.”
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 0
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 15
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 16
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)